Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably best Den, although it is better than the Comedy Channel :)

I don't see what all the fuss is about to be honest, if you like a snake then buy it but don't buy it because of it's name. People have been doing this for years and because of the way the hobby has grown it is becoming more prevalent and has become a means of obviously differentiating between different lines. It has nothing to do with the fact that the feature may or may not be present in wild animals, that is irrelevant.

Yeah OK I saw the part where it says morelia spilota mcdoweli etc but it still doesn't make it6 a Northen Rainforest or desert etc etc diamond ,it makes it an intergrade and should therefore be advertised as such.

What about new comers to the hobby buying one of these and thinking it's actually a pure diamond where maybe when having the animal sold an explanation is given that it is not a diamond but an intergrade so again why not advertise it as such?They're absolutely gorgeous carpets and if there is a known locality to where they originated from such as Port Mac or Kempsey,Dorrigo etc then advertise it as a Dorrigo intergrade not a Northern rainforest diamond?

The Worleys have a great reputation in this hobby so I can't see wthe need to put designer names to animqals which are simply integrades and if from a specific locality would fetch even more money than something called a Northern Rainforest Diamond as they are not they are Northern Intergrades,that's a fact and nothing will change it...keep it real people!!!

If its not a pure diamond then why do you keep calling it a carpet?(it can't be an intergrade with just a carpet)

They are all carpets, Diamonds, Jungles, Coastals, Darwins.

btw Kels Northern Rainforests won competitions in both the Macherps Expo and the Wild Expo this year. I dont usally like intergrades but for these guys ill make an exception :)

Attachments

• NorthernRainforest.jpg
    NorthernRainforest.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 118
I have seen a wildcaught animal from the "Northern Rainforest" area that is a double to the Worley's. So the genetics are definately there in the raw.
I know that one of the lesser prize winners was a wild caught animal so there is no question to its lineage.

I know who you are Den.

btw Kels Northern Rainforests won competitions in both the Macherps Expo and the Wild Expo this year. I dont usally like intergrades but for these guys ill make an exception :)

You might want to make sure your correct before posting pics of other peoples animals.
It was Kels Diamonds that won at Mac herp show, and the pic you posted ( thats Kels) is a pure Diamond.

lol ok Kel told me the ones with the striped and irregular patterning (northern rainforest) were a very similar bloodline and they colour up the same as that photo, i didnt say it was a northern rainforest, but they are similar. :)

Last edited:
lol ok Kel told me the ones with the striped and irregular patterning (northern rainforest) were a very similar bloodline and they colour up the same as that photo, i didnt say it was a northern rainforest, but they are similar. :)

Are you a Politician?

the use of "names" is just a selling ploy ! honey jungles, northern rain forest Diamonds, 80/20, ocre bhp's, super stripe OH PLEASE give us a break ! when i first started out in this industry well over a decade ago, if you perchased a jungle carpet for instance, it was either a black & gold or a black & white not some ****y named thing, a BHP was either QLD or NT form, not some ****y named U- Beaut what ever, anyone who has been around know's that you get BHP's in QLD for instance ranging from cream with brown bands, pale yellow with reddish bands and so on and so on. As I stated, this is just a way for people to market their animals by giving them some ****y name :evil: and as for all the the ball greasing :evil: spare us for christ sake !

Claiming a bloodline as your own or titling a species with some BS name should be limited to those that have bred multi generations of them and proven the trait to be recessive. Anyone can throw out 1 stunning and unusual animal from a clutch IMO, but that shouldn't enable them to claim it as a special line. The so called Topaz & pin stripe looking Womas have been fluke bred by many keepers including USA members. Try searching a few USA websites and see how long ago they were posted. Honey jungles are nothing more than dull, colourless Cheyne. Chocolate Diamonds (jokingly or not) are your average Diamond type. etc etc etc blah blah blah.

Another thing is breeding for temprement, how is this achieved?
So called "dog tame" species. Snakes are individuals and come with all attitude types.

And if you look at all these "big breeders" named in this thread, they have only been known or involved in the hobby for a couple of years. Those member of 20+ years are mostly sitting on the sidelines selling their animals privately and not bothering with names, websites or other selling tools to big note themselves, because they realize how stuffed up this hobby has become and they know that by keeping their name "small time" will avoid the knockers & defamation etc that is rife on internet forums.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Wonder when these " rainforest Diamonds " were wild caught to produce this new line.
Very good marketing ploy in my opinion.
I like how some of you say that these people breed the best reptiles, there legends, WHAT you never heard of them ??? etc.......lol
Its great to have an opinion, but dont force it down our gob's when we dont agree with you.
What makes me laugh is that these people have never bred a thing themselves, yet they are all experts on what is considered a "cracker " snake..........LOL.
Learn to Toss a salad instead........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back