My Bearded Dragon Tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanReay

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone this is my pygmy bearded dragon tank. i still got to add a few thing like plants and driftwood but this is the basic.
Please comment on my tank. Tell me if i have an improvement to make.

Attachments

• My tank 3f by 2f.jpg
    My tank 3f by 2f.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 221
  • Hot Side.jpg
    Hot Side.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 165
That's looking good! What sort of heating are you using?

hey everyone ill answer your question:
1. i am using an exo terra heat mat large and a exo terra tight beam sun glo basking spot lamp.
2. i got the net from a petshop in windsor.

thankyou for your comments.

not bad. How many do you plan on keeping in there?
Since my ackie's are growing up so east i night be building them a new good and putting a dozen pygmy's into the coffee table enclosure.

very nice, does he use the hammock much?

dosent sound like u have a UVB light in there,..its important for calcium absorption, without it they end up with calcium deficiencies (if ur interested google metabolic bone disease)

if the sand is washed playsand from bunnnings it should be ok for an adult, if its reptile sand get it out (its evil regardless of othe age of ur dragon), if ur dragon is still young it risks getting impacted even on the playsand, use newsapaper for a while, remember its only temporary and for the safety of ur dragon..

hey,
yes i have uvb and yes it is washed playsand from bunning. i havnt got my pygmy bearded dragon yet. i am proberly only going to get 1 or 2. also does anyone now the max heat of an exo terra heat mat.

Attachments

• Top Of My tank.jpg
    Top Of My tank.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 97
Heatmats are bad.. they sense heat from there primal eye (I know that's spelt wrong :lol:) and if there sitting on he mat and something goes wrong then they will burn them selfs without knowing its that hot.. a basking bulb is enough..

my pygmies turned 8 years old this year. i've always kept them on reptile sand (red) and i've heated them with a spot lamp and a heat rock which is buried under the sand. the rock doesnt et ultra hot, but it's right under the spot lamp so the combind heat is good. i have never had a problem with gut inpaction. make sure that your hot spot is hot enough, you will need at leat 100w lamp in your setup. mine never went near a reptile hammock like yours and get ready for your lovely enclosure to be all messed up. pygmies like to mock your neat and tidy display. god luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back