R.I.P Levi 2003 Aust Idol Contestant..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Python Lover

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What a tragedy that things like this happen and all because depression, its a disease that no one wants to do anything about and when people offer help they refuse it... NOt good to see such a great singer go down over the weekend... R.I.P Levi:cry:

i was stuck in traffic the night this happened an seen the body on the road there was people EVERYWHERE due to the gig in the gardens only a few blocks away

pretty sad hey. i actually was going for him to win aussie idol. i thought he had a lot of talent.
was it suicide? or a accident.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24451834-5012974,00.html

FORMER Australian Idol contestant Levi Kereama died unexpectedly at the weekend just hours after performing at a Brisbane festival.
The Parklife Festival played Brisbane's Botanic Gardens and Riverstage from noon to 10pm, and at 10.30pm police received calls to an inner-city hotel to a suspected suicide..........

read article for the rest

he probably finally heard himself sing....

then the suicide spiral began....

not all of us can have musical talent....
he probably just learnt enough to realise he didn't have any, and the last 5 years had been a lie

I wonder if you would all be so quick to poke fun at this situation if you had a friend or family member suicide.

I wonder if you would all be so quick to poke fun at this situation if you had a friend or family member suicide.

Agree - not something to joke about !!

I would tell you what i really think of your comment Forensick but i would be banned!

i have had friends commit suicide....

and spent most of my life dealing with bipolar....

i fail to see the need to glorify someone after death for talents they didn't have while alive

he probably just learnt enough to realise he didn't have any, and the last 5 years had been a lie

i've noticed you like the cheap shots, kick em when their down sort of thing.
oh well, sit back and take pleasue in the fact your good at it anyway.;)

sympathies to the family.

at an organisation that employs just over 6000 employees, we've had 3 suicides by staff members in the last few years and a few more that i know of being admitted to rehab facilities for major depression an suicidal tendicies.

from my dealings with it, it's not something you joke about.

i fail to see the need to glorify someone after death for talents they didn't have while alive

But it's ok to mock them because they committed suicide.

maybe it was because they were friends with you.......then their suicide spiral began....

not all of them could have had the same funny sense of humour as you.......
they probably just realised they didn't have it and could no longer live in your shadow.

Last edited:
This news article delves into the depths of depression, although only short, I think it really hits the nail on the head.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=O85H5apA2ns

That clip is rather insensitive slim, especially to those who really are suffering with this debilitating DISEASE.......... and that's what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Unless you have actually experienced it personally, please keep opinions to yourself.

The people you are calling losers are people who usually have an imbalance of chemicals in the brain, rather like when hormones go out of whack. They can't help it, it just happens, and to say something like that, I find very cruel, I would put that sort of thing down to "playground politics" type stuff.

Be aware, it could happen to you, at any time, and on any day. Would they still be losers then??

That clip is rather insensitive slim, especially to those who really are suffering with this debilitating DISEASE.......... and that's what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Unless you have actually experienced it personally, please keep opinions to yourself.

The people you are calling losers are people who usually have an imbalance of chemicals in the brain, rather like when hormones go out of whack. They can't help it, it just happens, and to say something like that, I find very cruel, I would put that sort of thing down to "playground politics" type stuff.

Be aware, it could happen to you, at any time, and on any day. Would they still be losers then??

Every now and then I'm a little bit insensitive - and most people won't take offence because most are able to handle the difference between reality and non-reality.

I never said those things on the clip... and my opinion is my opinion - even if it is insensitive.

Unfortunately - now and then I find insensitive things very funny - and you find it funnier if you've experienced it to....

Anyways - try not to take it to heart, the clip or comments weren't directed at anyone - and I can clearly admit that it's insensitive :)

slim =
toilet_doo.jpg

:lol::lol:

Every now and then I'm a little bit insensitive - and most people won't take offence because most are able to handle the difference between reality and non-reality.

I never said those things on the clip... and my opinion is my opinion - even if it is insensitive.

Unfortunately - now and then I find insensitive things very funny - and you find it funnier if you've experienced it to....

Anyways - try not to take it to heart, the clip or comments weren't directed at anyone - and I can clearly admit that it's insensitive :)

's ok Slim, you just caught a bit of a nerve there, I have a very close association with this thing................... and it's not an easy thing to deal with!

Sympathies to his family. R.I.P Levi.
I lost my sister two years ago to suicide.
It is the most heart wrenching thing to go through. Your heart never recovers.
Definitely not something to joke about.

i too have a close association,as do a fair few people on this forum i have spoken with,
its a very broad spectrum,with deppresive illnesses,
having a laugh for sufferers does help though:D

treating sufferers poorly by telling them its all i n there head,and blaming it on them is the worst thing u can do though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back