What herp to pick?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Herp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shane14

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ok guys now Mum n Dad are letting me get any herp i can afford and that is on my Cat status so ive chosen 2, Western Netteds and South-Western Carpet. Can anybody give pros and cons for both these herps. Decisions are hard.........

Dragons are high maintenance, food can get costly and are harder to look after than a python due to heating / calcium demands...... though, they will teach you more about reptile keeping as they readily breed and are more inter-active with the keeper.
Pythons are generally less hassles, easy to look after, longer living and make for very economic captives.

I would chose the carpet.

pros
fun to keep, easyish to look after, and all round awsome

cons
hurts when bites(but thats the whole point of bitting), may be a problem if doesn't eat well.

thats all I can think of that I know, sum1 more experienced will have more knowledge.

Will

I would chose the carpet.

pros
fun to keep, easyish to look after, and all round awsome

cons
hurts when bites(but thats the whole point of bitting), may be a problem if doesn't eat well.

thats all I can think of that I know, sum1 more experienced will have more knowledge.

Will

most bites dont hurt much

What size carpet would you get if you decide on the snake?

one big con people have not mentioned about the netted dragons is the lifespan is quite short.

id go the carpet personlly because i would get more enjoyment out of it due to the massive lifespan difference.

but its all up to personal choice.

I haven't seen any black & whites recently ( they are around though). They're usually a bit more expensive than your ordinary carpets.

They're not always more expensive. Just some breeders. I have seen them for $500 each (hatchlings) which is quite reasonable. I can private message you if you want to know who.;)
I would go the SW Carpet Python. Not just because I own one, but I think the life span is a big thing, and you can enjoy watching it grow if you get a hatchling. That's pretty cool. Keeping the skin sheds and comparing them each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back