bumping for sale items.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mungus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
We have all done it regularly, BUT 3 or 4 times a day ???
Come on, give someone else a fair go.
once every 3-4 days would be the way to go.
Just a thought.........................:|

yeah there is even one thats been made a sticky.:?

Bumping 3-4's times a day is what pee's me off. I've got a WTB thread, I bump that every 4-7days. Why can't other people just do that?

maybe something put in place like you can only add to a for sale thread once every 48 hours.... if you try earlier you should get a message like what comes up if you try to post in someone elses for sale thread.... you are not authorised etc....

What is bumping and why do people selling things do it? God I'm a newbie :p

What is bumping and why do people selling things do it? God I'm a newbie :p

Bumping is a post made to make the thread appear at the top of the list again - sellers do it so it appears on the sale list on the main page so more people see it. :)

i agree it is very frustrating, every 2 days is ok, but i do not know how this would be policed as somepeople do add extra information

A STICKY is a thread that does not get pushed down the line behind new threads.
A sticky is done by the Moderators, One of the perks of the job i suppose.
This site is good as far as stickies goes, some sites are so overcrowded with them you have to scroll all the way down to see the new threads and it reduces the number of them seen

Maybe repeat offenders who bump too often should have their ability to post new replies or threads in the for sale sections taken away for a week.

I know these people pay to be able to advertise their stuff, but so do many others who unfairly have their ads pushed to the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back