Waste not want not

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kandi

Reaction score
What to do with the defrosted rodent when snake does not wish to eat it???? Well used to chuck over the verandah to disolve back into the earth, but i had this brainwave.'" I have a cat" And puddy just loves defrosted and warmed up rodent. Waste want not want not. What do you do with your defrosted and not wanted rodents?

I don't really have any unwanted rodents,if one does not want it another will.Sounds like you need more snakes.

i have 3 so i defrost enough for every python 2 rats 1 for the childrens, stimson and the woma had chicken neck. so the childrens did not want but the cat did.

If you dont have any other animals to feed it too you can always just cook them up.

chopped it up and stirred it through my sisters Spag bowl

well cris, why not some countrys cook rat as a main dish yum yum , but in my cats case it was purr purr

If i have left overs i usually feed them to the wild birds

that is a great idea lewy being that u are not supposed to refrost which i have done and now i know it is a no no what to do with the rodent, there is always a hungry something else

more snakes which means more rat breeding which will also result in left overs. garanteed one will not eat, keeping in mind not to overfeed the gutsy ones, so what to do with the defrosted left overs

I don't do the food sharing thing. Just put them in the bin as Australis said. though i have given them to a Currawong and a Kookaburra before.

place into a plastic bag an refreaze then place into the bin on bin day. Never give to another snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back