Stupid dog toys alert

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Recharge

ok, this is something I heard today, and am not sure how wide spread it is.. but.
a pet store in cannon hill in Brisbane, is selling stuffed animals as dog chew toys.

there are monkeys, snakes and various other forms..
so, you give your dog a snake chew toy? what? so what happens when the dog comes across a snake in their yard, park or what have you?

gah, of all the stupid STUPID toys to sell as a dog chew toy, I'll be calling and emailing the EPA and consumer affairs in an attempt to have this madness stopped, not only does it risk protected species, but it'll risk dogs too... who the hell came up with such a stupid idea?

wonder if they have a cat stuffed chew too? I bet not....

ok i think you may be over reacting here, i mean my doogs have a large stuffed cat to play with but neither shows the slightest bit of interest in chasing real life cats. what makes dogs chase things at the end of the day is the instinct to chase things that move quickly

shh don't destroy a good over reactive rant :D

I was trying to add some excitement to the herp world ;)

birds of a feather flock together, i doubt you'll find people that care enough, in the positions of responsibility to do something, to have anything done about it. i'll bet there are even people that would buy those toys thinking it'll be a good way to keep those 'pests' out of the yard (aka set the dog on it)

sigh

What idiots!, jeez with all the stupid ideas they can have they make a Snake chew toy!

shh don't destroy a good over reactive rant :D

I was trying to add some excitement to the herp world ;)

You missed that one, Recharge, when someone earlier started a thread about needing more mods!!!!!!! LOL

Got quite entertaining there for a while till it suddenly disappeared!!!!!!

recharge....

i think u should do something about it, id be happy to make a phone call to the same places u call up aswel so it seems like more people behind u the better

i wouldnt buy my dog a toy that looks like a snake!!!!!!!!!!!

my dog was scared of my partners sock the other night because i had my sleepies running round my loungeroom and he runs away from them when he sees them and he ran near a sock and it scared the living daylights out of him was the funniest thing i have seen but it just shows that things in the same shape or colour etc can seem like the same thing so if my dog got use to a toy snake he would be alot more trusting of a real one

at the moment he gets scared of my snakes when there in there enclosure and active, he is just a sook but i agree u you all the way

i went hiking on wed, and i nearly steped on a big brown, say my dog had been playing with those toys and he was on his lead a meter infront of me he would have gotten to the snake first and not been as scared of it i bet! and i would hate to think what could happen
im lucky i didnt take him with me that day because its a popular trail for people and there dogs

sorry for all my blabbing MY POINT IS

DOGS WILL NOT BE AS SCARED OF SNAKES IF THEY PLAY WITH OBJECTS SIMILAR TO THEM

so i will back u up al the way on this

I probably shouldn't let my dogs chew on my sisters old dolls, otherwise they might become baby eating maniacs ;)

But then by the same logic, shouldn't we have lolly snakes and 'killer pythons' taken off the shelves in case a child comes across a real one and thinks it edible? Freddos may have to go too.......

"my dog was scared of my partners sock the other night because i had my sleepies running round my loungeroom and he runs away from them when he sees them "

Now i am not trying to be rude or start a blue, but I am 42 and i've been around, but for the life of me what the hell are you talking about.

Hey Recharge , if you do come across any stuffed cat toys give me a yell, i'll test the theory!

Hmmmmmm it seems to have gone straight through to the keeper for a few people here..........lol

But then by the same logic, shouldn't we have lolly snakes and 'killer pythons' taken off the shelves in case a child comes across a real one and thinks it edible? Freddos may have to go too.......

Haha i was thinking the same thing ladysnake:)

when you can find me a dog that can read and write and reason (to some extent) then I'll agree ;)
but then, I've seen children eat a great deal many things in my time.

(including poo :p )

You can reason with children!?!!!???:shock:
Yes I know they can eat the worst stuff, I have three kids and i won't even begin to tell you the discusting things they've done/eaten!

"my dog was scared of my partners sock the other night because i had my sleepies running round my loungeroom and he runs away from them when he sees them "

Now i am not trying to be rude or start a blue, but I am 42 and i've been around, but for the life of me what the hell are you talking about.

I think what was said is.. Her dog was scared of her partners sock because it is scared of her sleepies (Shinglebacks?) and they were running around at the time and it thought the sock was one of them.

People shoud make up their own minds about what is good for their pets. I never give my dogs stuffed toys to chew cause they do just that. The stuffing is not good for them to eat - can. I always but rubber toys and when they are chewed & torn apart I throw them away. I never buy toys at the pet shop either - they are too expensive.

Dogs dont really associate a toy snake with a real one, they rely more on scent to distinguish the difference between dogs, humans, other animals etc. Their sight is used too, but a toy of something is nothing like the real thing to a dog.

Hey Recharge , if you do come across any stuffed cat toys give me a yell, i'll test the theory!

if u want... i will get a video later on today of him with the sleepies out ill put black socks near him and u can see for urself

i am being serious right now, its just like when one of my cats was sitting next to my murray darlings tank i threw my belt near it and the cat jumped a meter in the air and ran off lol

animals can mistake things rather easy WITHOUT scent sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back