F10 omg

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK i tried that F10 hand cleaner and its horrible i mean it took for ever to dry and then when it finally did dry my hands where all gooey for an hour or so after it

I no its meant to be good stuff but i will be sticking with the AQIUM antibacterial hand gel, At least it drys in seconds and leaves your hands feeling normal and not all sticky

What do outher people think of it?

Lewy

OK i tried that F10 hand cleaner and its horrible i mean it took for ever to dry and then when it finally did dry my hands where all gooey for an hour or so after it

I no its meant to be good stuff but i will be sticking with the AQIUM antibacterial hand gel, At least it drys in seconds and leaves your hands feeling normal and not all sticky

What do outher people think of it?

Lewy

Not tried the F10, the aristopet reptile hand cleaner does a similar job to the f10 by the sounds of it

As peter said you have obviously used to much you only need a litle bit and you just rub it all over your hands and arms and its dry in less than 2minutes.

In less than 2 min that means that is would take me another 20min to clean out my snakes lol as i would use it between each snake

The stuff i use takes about 10sec to dry

Lewy

In less than 2 min that means that is would take me another 20min to clean out my snakes lol as i would use it between each snake

The stuff i use takes about 10sec to dry

Lewy

but is it as good

but is it as good

yup been using it for years and its never failed its also a heep cheaper and is also used in hospitals, Kills 99.9 percent of germs

I'm not saying that f10 is no good i just dont like the way it leaves your hands all slimy

Lewy

yup been using it for years and its never failed its also a heep cheaper and is also used in hospitals, Kills 99.9 percent of germs

I'm not saying that f10 is no good i just dont like the way it leaves your hands all slimy

Lewy

lol the detol hand gel kills 99.9 percent of germs to but its not gregistered to kill the important viruses like F10.

but i cant speak i use the detol hand gel, but i use trigene on everything else and trigene is supposed to be registered for more viruses then f10

lol the problem is alcohol based gels, like detol and AQIUM antibacterial hand gel, dont last long enough to kill viruses they evaporate to quickly, hence why f10 leaves a residue.

lol the detol hand gel kills 99.9 percent of germs to but its not gregistered to kill the important viruses like F10.

but i cant speak i use the detol hand gel, but i use trigene on everything else and trigene is supposed to be registered for more viruses then f10

mmm just looked that stuff up (trigene) and it sounds good dose it dry fast and leave your hands feeling normal?
http://www.bostockhealthcare.co.uk/...f=BGP500&sid=83c46fwp39o8w98or9u32f3oykwmfk46

Cheers Lewy

Aqium is good for cleaning, and I find it to be useful for mechanically removing gunk from the skin on my hands, but as a hand disinfectant it is very poor. The active ingredient is ethanol, which requires some time to work. It works by dessicating cells and will usually evaporate before it has done much, especially to any microscopic nasties which have absorbed into your skin, unless you also rub your hands together a lot, in which case it's reasonably good. You say it dries in seconds, which means you're probably not killing all the bacteria on your hands (ethanol can take a while to work).

As an antibacterial it's quite good if used properly, but keep in mind that it is useless against most viruses, so if you're worried about things such as OPMV (which you may or may not be), it's going to be no better than ordinary soap, and possibly not even as good as that. It won't kill the OPMV or other viruses on your hands, it will only help to wash them away. Aqium is designed and intended to be used by rubbing it into your hands and leaving to dry, without rinsing. If you do that, you're pretty much wasting your time.

It depends on what you're using it for and how you're willing to use it.

For most people it's probably most effective just to use a mechanical remover of foreign material from your hand - a good detergent would be suitable.

If you're really keen to do a better job, I'd go for Chlorhexadine, or better still, Microshield.

That trigene sounds good. How do you go cleaning out enclosures, can you leave it airdry and just place the reppies back in straight away, or does it need to be wiped down, aired out etc?

That trigene sounds good. How do you go cleaning out enclosures, can you leave it airdry and just place the reppies back in straight away, or does it need to be wiped down, aired out etc?

yeah its pretty, good, i just spray it ,wipe out the crap, spray again, wipe over and then let it dry. put down the newspaper and in goes the snake. if i have a sick animal, or suggested sick animal, i use a higher concentration and drown the enclosure letting it sit for 10 mins, and then wiping away.

sdaji said:
It depends on what you're using it for and how you're willing to use it.

For most people it's probably most effective just to use a mechanical remover of foreign material from your hand - a good detergent would be suitable.

If you're really keen to do a better job, I'd go for Chlorhexadine, or better still, Microshield.

What about for quarantine? Would you use anything different?

What about for quarantine? Would you use anything different?

quarantine is the only time i would use those, because yes they are good , but with out doing a good surgical scrub you arnt going to sterilize your hands. so you could just use chlohex and do a surgical scrub before leaving your quarantine area.

Disposable latex/rubber gloves are very cheap these days. Change gloves between enclosures. No mess, no fuss, much reduced risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back