Alpine Blotchey sneezing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaZeDragoN

Reaction score
My Alpine juvy seems to sneeze every now and then.. eats like a pig.. digests as normal.. the breeder said he was kept at 24C and that's what iv'e been keeping him at

There doesn't appear to be any mucus or discharge

any ideas?

It could be an RI. Just keep an eye on him... if mucus or discharge comes or the sneezing continues, take him to the vet.

Good luck :)

hmm it could be a humidity thing as well?

i read somewhere that alpine blotched dont like it that much???

Is it often whilst or directly after eating? Mine have always made a sneezing type of noise when eating, digesting but never heard it at other times.

Is it often whilst or directly after eating? Mine have always made a sneezing type of noise when eating, digesting but never heard it at other times.

Hey Falcon yeh I think it might be from a slight irritation when feeding as he goes out of his way to cover his face in food

In regards to humidity would removing the water bowl and putting it in say once a day possibly keep the humidity down?

Not sure if a small water bowl would make it too humid for them, I would doubt it, but others would be better placed to answer.

re Alpine

Its not the humidity,24 C is too cool,they need a heat pad ideally thats on 30 to 35 C surface temp so that they can warm themseves if they need to.The heat pads dont effect the air temperature much thats why they are ideal,its like a lizard warming on a tar road,when they hve enough they just move off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back