Ban Horse Fighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to stop the problems in Australia before we start trying to help other countries.

You're not helping any local cause but not signing this petition, so what difference does it make? If you would like to see this practice stopped then sign the petition, if not, then don't. Any problems we have in Australia are completely irrelevant.

I think we need to stop the problems in Australia before we start trying to help other countries.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Australia to be perfect before you deem it right to then do something as taxing as signing a petition for an overseas cause.

Now now, MrBredli, I think that you will find that if you stick your head in the sand, the animal cruelty in other countries will not seem so bad:rolleyes:, "some members have an alternative place to stick their heads however:lol:" at least some people will take the whole minute it takes to register their disapproval at this practice (it's a start)

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign a petition. I'm saying that we shouldn't spend our time and energy on someplace else, where often such practices are due to faith and religious practices (and thus, we have next to no hope of stopping them), but rather spend that time and energy on our own country where we have just as many problems. Why is it that people winge and whine about cruelty acts outside of our shores and yet can't be stuffed about the same that goes on in our backyards? Or, at least, they don't do anything about it.

Who cares what country it is. it takes 2 minutes and no animal deserves this treatment regardless of what country its in. This kind of stuff gets me so angry:evil:

What does it matter WHERE cruelty is taking place? If it's an animal, and it is being mistreated....................... then the cruelty should STOP! Just because it doesn't live in Australia doesn't mean it feels any less, or is any the more important.

As Mrmikk said, what hope is there for the animals over here anyway, when you all can't even be bothered signing just a petition online??????? Even if it's said they are useless, it at least its SOMETHING, and there is SOME hope it may do good!

Who said I didn't sign it? What I'm saying is, who do we think we are, that we can just barge into another country and try to correct their way of life, when we are just as flawed as they? 99% of other countries have different views to ours, and we have no right to say ours is right because there's doesn't conform to our own ideologies.

Yes, animal cruelty is very wrong, no matter where or when it is. As I said, perhaps we can try to fix our own country, then try and worry about others.

Signed.I hope everyone has agreed with me and some other people to sign the petition.Just because the animal cruelty is over seas it does not mean the animal feels less pain to the 1 in Aus. Look, put it this way......If you were the Mare watching 2 males fight just because of you How would you feel? You feel happy because u r, to them Beautiful.But then you get kicked in the head.Now how would you feel.Another example.............If you were the stallion that was loosing, you had an eye hanging out and had cuts,abrasions and bite marks all over while getting kicked all over the place and feeling so sore all over from all the cuts, How would You FEEL???

I hope everyone agrees with me and please
SIGN THE PETITION!

its a shame that a petetion wont stop cruelty. perhaps we should petetion our govenment to stop financial aid till they stop this cruelty. i think this would be a more effective way

You think that you herpers would have atleast a little bit of respect for other animals, regardless of what country it is, its a living animal and has every right to live its life without this cruelty.

Just sign the damm petition people. It takes all of 1 minute that you would otherwise loose trawling though useless crap on the internet. But this might actually help something.

its a shame that a petetion wont stop cruelty. perhaps we should petetion our govenment to stop financial aid till they stop this cruelty. i think this would be a more effective way

I doubt theres a case in the world where financial aid has been withdrawn due to animal cruelty.
breaking the organised crime groups who i assume profit from the gambling involved would be
the key i imagine... but the problem is only compounded if the government/local officals are on
the pay roll.
Replace one income with another would be a logical approach, like the bush meat trade hunters
will take what ever option is most profitable - if silly white (or any coloured silly people ;)) folk will
pay more for guided tours to locate a species of interest than can be earned by hunting the animal
the local people will take the most profitable option most of the time.

Not sure how you could swing it for domestic animals though... especially if its wrapped up in the
local peoples culture... people all over the world (Australia included) love betting on animal fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back