What's my Stimmi doing ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madzac

Reaction score
We are 1st time legless pet owners and our new much loved Stimmi has a habit we don't know anything about but draws our curiosity.

When coiled around our Wrists she gets this kinky muscle contraction thing happening.

I know I may regret asking, but what is she up to ?

I fined its when the snake is kind of sticking to your skin as it tries to move nothing to worry about

Lewy

nothing to worry about mate all the snakes i have handled do the same. As lewy said its just them trying to unstick themselves from your skin.

cool, I have seen her have that problem before when handling her, it just with the wrists she does it to everyone.

thanks.

my MD does that to my wrist, i think shes doing it to very very slowly get from upside down to the rite way lol

I believe most pythons use there muscles in a "caterpillar" to motion, i see my stimson do it all the time as he moves around his enclosure and the same when hes on my skin. But he also does a typical snake slither on his slate floor because it a smoother surface. just depends on the surface i think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back