25 year old woman killed by pet Retic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmmmmmm stupid is as stupid does....glad they are feeding rats to him thats big of them considering the fate of that poor snake ..I feel for her stupidity and loss of life I do and the hubby will be a mess too but hate the fact they are pointing the blame at a snake and not at the woman who made that fatal mistake ...:(AND I HATE THE FACT THAT THEY USE THOSE BLOODY BARBARIC SNAKE TONG AKA TORTURERS:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: and quote as saying that the snake was showing aggression well no wonder it was grabbed by those bloody horrible things! BAN THE TONGS BAN THEM I SAY!:evil:

Yeah she should of had someone else with her while handling it. Beautiful snake though.

Even with BIG coastals and olives i like to have someone around with me while i handle them.

Wow, not even a big retic. Testimony to the fact that one shouldn't become complacent, even with our most trusted of friendly reptilian predators. Would be a shame if it's put down, no one I know has any illusions about the fact that big pyhons are potentially dangerous and I do hate to see it when an animal has to die because of human misjudgement.

Surely she could have waited till her husband came home.

Thats what I was wondering. This is a young retic and they are known to be unpredictable and can have quite the attitudes. Why on earth did she think she could medicate this animal by herself?

i dont see why he animal should be put down it just seems silly to me, it's not like it nows has the taste for humans and will try and kill again. it was very obviously human error not killer snake

That just shows why their should ALWAYS be some1 when you handle larger reptiles,just incase.It doesnt matter if you have a really placid snake,they can and will turn on their handlers,its such a shame the snake has 2 suffer from some1s stupity.......

Wow, I didn't know even the young retics could kill you.
Such a beautiful snake. I hope it lives.

Can we sign our lives away when we adopt any animal? Then the animal wouldnt need to be euthanised if something was to go wrong.
Seriously though, a snake isnt really a "tamed" animal, so why should it be punished for human error?
If any of my animals killed me, i sure wouldnt want them destroyed in a cowardly act of revenge.

Argh! Why does a beautiful snake have to die because of the stupidity of a person?

i hope it dont get put down thats a beautiful snake, it is a shame though that the lady made a mistake of trying to medicate it by herself, and its a shame that the guy has to now live with the fact that his pet killed his wife...

but i dont think the snake should die over it, if one of my snakes killed me i would not want it put down

That is terrible news, but it certainly won't be the last, that snake wasn't even that big but way to big for those toy tongs?? what was that guy thinking?? anyway... extreme care should be taken with large pythons, including Scrubbies and Olives, never under estimate their capabilities.

It's a disgusting python..it deserves everything it gets.

Can we sign our lives away when we adopt any animal? Then the animal wouldnt need to be euthanised if something was to go wrong.
Seriously though, a snake isnt really a "tamed" animal, so why should it be punished for human error?
If any of my animals killed me, i sure wouldnt want them destroyed in a cowardly act of revenge.

Exactly, At the end of the day, if our snakes grew so big that we became the size of a meal then they would eat us. Which is why we cant keep those huge things that eat whole deer on discovery channel.

I don't think any sane person would put the python down, the snake was only acting in a predictable manner, and I dont think it actually set out to kill her, rather was getting a hold so that it could pull it's head away. Most likely the woman slung it around her neck to start with.

Why on earth did she think she could medicate this animal by herself?

Pure conjecture here, but my guess is that she was familiar with the python and didn't think things were going to go wrong. I'd suspect some owners of scrubbies or olives have also taken similar risks and come out of it fine simply because things did not go wrong.

I absolutely hope that the python is not euthanised. But it's also tragic that a life has been lost, avoidable yes, but most accidents are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back