Oh that is just cool!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good looking snake (although I do not support Hybrids:evil:) for what it is..........the reality is hybridisation will always haunt us while the want is there.....

Awesome colors. If Ball pythons are such prolific breeders do they breed with other snakes in the wild? Not agreeing with cross breeding just interested

I wonder if dog breeders thousands of years ago had the same arguments when they first started crossing dogs to make new ones. Look at some of the disgraces we have created in the dog world since we first started playing with the 'dogs' nature provided us with - pugs and bulldogs that can hardly breath and all sorts of other breeds with issues. Half our dogs today can't even communicate with each other properly anymore because of the stances and characteristics we have bred into them - bulldogs again with their permanent fight stance and dogs with no tails find it hard to meet other dogs on even terms.

Sue

Half our dogs today can't even communicate with each other properly anymore because of the stances and characteristics we have bred into them - bulldogs again with their permanent fight stance and dogs with no tails find it hard to meet other dogs on even terms.Sue

Not true, any dog no matter what the breed can be taught to be gentle and loving. You get back what you put in. If a dog is around other dogs from a young age and has good experiances it will never have a reason to be aggressive toward other dogs. Regardless of the breed.

Not true, any dog no matter what the breed can be taught to be gentle and loving. You get back what you put in. If a dog is around other dogs from a young age and has good experiances it will never have a reason to be aggressive toward other dogs. Regardless of the breed.

When dogs greet each other and both wish to do so on neutral terms they dont do so with the chests bulging, ears pricked and tails curled over their backs or missing - traits so many of our created dog breeds can't avoid displaying. I'm not saying these breeds can't communicate with other dogs. I am saying we have made it very hard for them to give off a neutral impression at initial greetings with other dogs. As for gentle and loving - I made no comment at all against how gentle and loving they can be and I agree 100% that you only get out what you put in.

Sue

Take this into consideration.

If it wasn't a hybrid,
Would you say it looked good?

I think people's judgments are being clouded over what they think is right.
Admit it, it's a good looking snake. Might not be morally right, but it looks good.

Joe.

Nice looking animal; granted
however irresponsible fools IMO;
that have little or no respect for animals within their care.
Woopie; they created a freak; that was easy :rolleyes:

Sure its a nice looking snake. but do the people who breed these types of crosses think of the anatomical differences between aspidites and conventional python's? and the possible problem's?:rolleyes:

i want one i want one i want one i love it i love it i love it!

it was inevitable,
i think we are lucky to be able to witness the unfolding of what i call" forced evolution "
and be proud of conserving natives for the bennefit of the animals and our children, instead of playing god.
i love the pic but hate the thought of what is next....................croc over kimodo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back