rebuilding a car

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nook171

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all i am currently rebuiding a 1968 HK 4dr sedan it has a 202red with a yella terra head and roller rockers and also has been rebored out to a 243 i was just wonder what else could i do to beef up the little 6 ??

cheers nick

tt 026.jpg

tt 027.jpg

tt 028.jpg

tt 029.jpg

tt 031.jpg

Personally, I'd ditch the 202! Horrible engines.
Take it back to the 186, bored out to 192, YT head, larger cam and fit some triples. The cam gives it a better tone too. It'll be as thirsty as, but will move! Remember the Bathurst Monaros with the 186s :D

Hows the rust in it? Looks as though it was a country car.

I have owned old holdens (mainly EJ/Hs) most of my life. An excellent resource is;
http://oldholden.com/
You'll get plenty of info there.
Good luck with it!

nah mate i want to keep the 202 i have never had and problems with them that one there only has 17,000kms on it and i was thinking of put 350 holleys on maybe 1 -2 or might even go 3 of them aye

well for the ford lovers this was my old mans 1968 ford notch back coupe that he rebuilt in n.z it was a 289 the rebored out to 311 then when we moved over here he sold it
tt 032.jpg

Get a machined ford 200 crank in it to stroke it out to 235.
Set of forged pistons & rods, bigger valve train & cam, add a turbo & wastegate etc or go the supercharged route with a vortex or similar.

Better yet, sell the 202 & throw an RB30 with a 25 head in it along with a GT3582R turbo & 50mm wastegate. I have this set up & can tell you it has plenty of torque & speed even in such a heavy car (my car weighs 1800+kg with driver)

im not going to change the engine i just want to beef it up even more

and here is the finished notch back
ll.jpg

Last edited:
i've got a methanol injection plate to suit 202 at my mates house...
and a garret GT42rs that would get your old boat moving. hehe

yea she has only 4 small rust spots in the floor pan but everywhere else is fine it's only ever been out west they guy who i brought it from lived at black water and he said it was never left the place besides now:D

Personally, I'd ditch the 202! Horrible engines.
Take it back to the 186, bored out to 192, YT head, larger cam and fit some triples. The cam gives it a better tone too. It'll be as thirsty as, but will move! Remember the Bathurst Monaros with the 186s :D

Hows the rust in it? Looks as though it was a country car.

I have owned old holdens (mainly EJ/Hs) most of my life. An excellent resource is;
http://oldholden.com/
You'll get plenty of info there.
Good luck with it!

Mate had one the same but with a 327 in it ! man we had some fun in that thing.

I had a 253 in a premier which was a nice wee engine - had a 600 holly on it and decent headers plus a lumpy cam - I loved it. But because it had big deep dish mags and sounded ok.. it got stolen from outside of my work.

So I never ever did that again... :(

Very very sad - I watched it drive away - was heartbreaking!

So - my only advice is - an awesome locking system and a very good alarm!

well i just brought a raptor supercharger to put on it with an off set manifold a mild cam and gilmerbelts

ditch the 6. theres no point wasting your time with a heavy car and a small motor. fit a nice warm v8

as i keep saying im not going to dicth the 6 they where brought out with 176/186 and 202 in the 6 andhow it's done up now pushes the car around heaps good and when iv gone out and spent 4k on it im not going just to take it out

the 202/3.3l are the best of the true holden 6's.you wont get 243 cubes out of one though.mine is draw through carby fed 202 with just a hybrid ,plain bearing turbo putting out 630hp at the wheels and runs 9.1 sec@145mph and is a very basic motor that only cost a few grand to build.
also took Simon Stone (southern x reptiles) for a run in it when he was up for the Qld reptile expo
cheers
simon

Attachments

• torri1.jpg
    torri1.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 25
  • torri4.jpg
    torri4.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 29
  • expo0817.jpg
    expo0817.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 37