Ression

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did the rudd government cause this.

well the government is not entirely responsible. it's poor reaction, exacerbates the problems though and although they rely on people having short memories, they did go to the election on the platform of fixing high fuel and grocery prices, and they have got considerably higher in the last year, and of course, they promised to get rid of work choices - to which they are acting unbelieveably slow. i think the country is far worse off now and is not in good hands to respond to any crisis.

Then we could all pay our mortgages, pay our electric bills, get current on child support, buy cars and house, afford medical treatment, etc. Wouldn't that stimulate the economy? Come on! How is bailing out AIG going to pay my final notice on my electric bill??

at least bailing out AIG, they can get the money repaid, handouts just let desperates delay the inevitable. nonetheless, you only have a couple of days until the new president starts looking after all the poor people at the expense of those who have earned their wealth. you see, there is a reason why some people never have a job, can't look after themselves, think it's a good idea to have half a dozen kids, and expect the government to look after them. it's a way of life that your government and ours does not discourage. but some people can not climb out of the gutter, that is their place. and sometimes when people think life is not worth living and suicide, they may be right. and your new guy will want everybody equal to the lowest common denominator - good luck.

i say, play with the cards you are dealt with.

re Ression

Youre all finished,death isnt far away,devils love ressions.

Its gone down recently with the election coming up. Currently, regular is running about $2.65 a gallon. I'm sure it'll go back up soon, though.
I really wish we would implement socialized medicine here. We really need it.

a US gallon equals 3.8 litres so that equates to about 70 cents per litre.

Makes it sounds cheap when we are paying anywhere from $1.28 pre litre in Brisbane to over say $1.60 in other states.

A problem everyone has now is that this situation with the USA financial system hasn't happened before and as such nobody really knows how it's going to pan out.

This is totally different to the crash of 1928, when after the crash for some reason the USA gov INCREASED interest rates and put on restrictions to some overseas trade.

A problem the USA gov has now is that with their official interest rate at 1.5% it doesn't give them much room to move to stimulate the economy.

The sooner George W is gone the better, elections next Wednesday. Funny having polling day mid week.
Actually it is written in the constitution that commerce is managed by congress. and it is now mostly democrats in congress. most republican's including McCain voted to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac a couple of years ago whereas democrats including obama voted against it. and it didnt get passed and now look what has happened. and there is a video online somewhere of the guy in charge of one the companies referring to democrats as family:? also i noticed while watching a show about obama and mccain on sbs that mcCain pretty much despised bush after the 2000 election they literally had to force him to endorse Bush and even then it was pretty sarcastic 100times more halfassed than hillaries endorsement of obama. mccain is actually very much leaning towards the center most of this crap over the past 8years has just been him clawing back right wing voters. also the reason he selected palin.

Last edited:
Actually it is written in the constitution that commerce is managed by congress. and it is now mostly democrats in congress. most republican's including McCain voted to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac a couple of years ago whereas democrats including obama voted against it. and it didnt get passed and now look what has happened.

and they were deregulated under Clinton, it is the democrats fault the US is up the creek, and putting Obama at the healm will put it in free fall. "you can't fool all the people all the time, but you do it just once, it lasts for four years." Morris Iemma, 2007.

and they were deregulated under Clinton, it is the democrats fault the US is up the creek, and putting Obama at the healm will put it in free fall. "you can't fool all the people all the time, but you do it just once, it lasts for four years." Morris Iemma, 2007.

there is actually a rumour going around that this whole us housing market crash is a planned attack on capitalism using a strategy devised in the 60's called a cloward-priven strategy(spelling?)

And they are now tipping it will drop to around 40c next year!!! Holy crap.

I would doubt if we will see the Aussie $ @ 40 cents next year, but if that does happen it will be a boom for our farmers, other exporters and the tourists industry.

On the other side of the coin it will also be inflationary as imports will be more expensive.

Well I hope that APS will survive this world RESSION lol.
I love this new name for world mess.:D

ha i like your way of thinking
Now for the conspiracy theory;
;)

The Rudd Govt isnt to blame, but both the Bush and Howard governments are culpable. Both encouraged larger business and banks to over extend, largely based on a resources/construction boom that they knew would slow very quickly.
It did.

Both governments thought they could ride the boom, sneak into the next term, and when the poo hit the fan (as we all saw as early as June last year), blame 'market forces''...

What did they do? Encourage personal spending to almost obscene levels. LCD TVs for everyone! Shiny black SUVs for everyone! McMansions for us all! Buy! Buy! Buy!
Hey, it made so many people feel worthwhile, and was a feelgood 'rub on the tummy' that diverted attention from illegal incursions in other countries, torture, illegal prisons and the pursuit of people that just dont look like us.. or pray to the same god?!

Sadly, so many sheep fell for it, too blinded by the obsessive desire to accumulate. Controlled by fear, just puppets and mere minions.

But, the banks and business have been bailed out once again, leaving the nouveu riche panicking. The worst part of it is that the poor and those that cant afford another belting will yet again have to pick up the pieces. All to accomodate the excesses of the rich/wannabes.

Born. Consume. Die :|

All this recession talk and stock market talk etc is doing my head in lol. I am yet to get my head around eactly how claiming something on tax works!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back