People showing off their snakes at the shops >.<

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find it hard to believe people can forget they are holding a reptile. If these stories are true, then maybe all those "Help, my snake escaped!" threads are infact not entirely true in their explanation. Perhaps the snakes are forgotten and then the owners realising they were not very responsible make a nice white lie to cover the fire when they ask for help? :shock:

Anyways chances are MMAnne this guy doesn't even have a licence for this snake. Perhaps you could mention something along the lines of "I have taken your number plate down and will be reporting you for irresponsible and wreckless driving as well as transporting a reptile illegally"

I shudder to think of the possible damage that could happen if this snake was to bite the guy one day when he is driving along a main road. :shock:

Does it stress the snake?

Sorry im only new to snakes, i havent gotten one yet.

I was walking through a petstore once and i saw this man with a big diamond python, he had it around his neck and was letting it pick out its food or something, he was also measuring it with the emloyees.

I was planning to take my snake out and let him pick his food at the petstore, but if it puts him under stress then i wont.

FAIL :shock:

Agreed. Notechistiger, every time I think you can't possibly get worse, you come out with something like that. I'm wondering what's next... :rolleyes:

Rainbow Serpent, yes, it does stress the snake.

Does it stress the snake?

Sorry im only new to snakes, i havent gotten one yet.

I was walking through a petstore once and i saw this man with a big diamond python, he had it around his neck and was letting it pick out its food or something, he was also measuring it with the emloyees.

I was planning to take my snake out and let him pick his food at the petstore, but if it puts him under stress then i wont.

Yes it will stress your snake out. He will want to wander and explore, you are continuously pulling him back in. They aren't like a dog or cat. They may tolerate the handling and patting and poking from other people but doesn't mean they enjoy it. And many ppl will always ask if they can hold it. I have a passive personality so prefer to avoid the situation altogether rather than letting ppl pass my snake around or having to keep saying no.

My neice wqnts me to take my snakes in 4 show and tell tomorrow, is this illegal?

my beardies have come for drives, to meet friends before. they dont mind it..

a snake, is different.

i took my diamond to school for my daughters show and tell ( she needed something starting with "M" {snakes name is Matilda}) i just got a movement advice and sweet as.. too easy.. i think even if you take ya reptile to the vet you need a movement license... dont you?

To take a repile to a Vet you dont need a movement advice in QLD

this is a link to the guidlines for movements within QLD, see page 6 for Vet movements

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/publicati...ional_or_prohibited_animals_in_Queensland.pdf

mcloughlin2 said:
I also find it hard to believe people can forget they are holding a reptile. If these stories are true, then maybe all those "Help, my snake escaped!" threads are infact not entirely true in their explanation. Perhaps the snakes are forgotten and then the owners realising they were not very responsible make a nice white lie to cover the fire when they ask for help? :shock:

I've only ever lost my snake once, and that was several years ago. It actually is quite easy to forget a snake is there, while they're not trying to escape and/or explore. I was only ever referring to my particular spotted. Other snakes, on the other hand, are not always so placid/calm, whatever, and might move quite a bit more.

cris and Hetty, just because it's the not the way you handle/care for your snakes, does not make it wrong. Hetty, I hardly care for what you think of me. But please, if you feel strongly about, don't hesitate to send me a PM. I always reply.

Hetty said:
I'm wondering what's next... :rolleyes:

But it's nice to know you keep thinking about me. ;):lol:

Notechistiger, you need to learn that snakes are not the same as dogs and cats. You are stressing your animals and that's irresponsible. It would be nice if you could listen to other people instead of thinking you're right all the time.

'Anyways chances are MMAnne this guy doesn't even have a licence for this snake. Perhaps you could mention something along the lines of "I have taken your number plate down and will be reporting you for irresponsible and wreckless driving as well as transporting a reptile illegally"'

why do you just assume that this person doesnt have a licence??????

I never said, nor do I believe that they were the same as dogs and cats, nor do I think I'm right all the time. I'm referring to my particular spotted. I don't handle my other reptiles the same amount as I do her, because I know they will stress.

I never said, nor do I believe that they were the same as dogs and cats, nor do I think I'm right all the time. I'm referring to my particular spotted. I don't handle my other reptiles the same amount as I do her, because I know they will stress.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's what was next! Notechistiger has a magical snake that doesn't stress when being handled!

Does it wag its tail when its happy?

No-Two said:
You're exactly right, just look at the demonstrating snakes. They very reguarly drop dead. It's a ridiculous life for snakes.

Do you have survey details? I find that interesting. I said what I said because I know a few demonstrators, quite personally, and neither of them have had one snake die due to stress.

Hetty, do you honestly believe that every snake is the same, and reacts in the same way? No, of course they don't. Some bite when you pick them up, some curl around your wrist so they don't fall. Some snakes stress (and in varying degrees), mine doesn't.

If I ever see her wag her tail, I'll make sure to get a video, okay?

Notechistiger, do you honestly think you're doing the right thing by your snake by treating it like a dog? No, you're not, you're doing the right thing by yourself.

notechistiger i think your spot on, some snakes hate being handled and some like it, every snake is different, when its winter 1 of mine wraps arround my neck till he warms up then he goes for a wander :), i would say he like handling, even if it was just because i was warm

this arg is gonna get ugly pretty quick.

Which is why I am closing the thread.
The original question by MMAnne - "Am I the only one annoyed by this?" - has been answered.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back