perthensis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoolander

Not so new Member
Reaction score
has there been a change in the wa laws????

pilbara pythons is taking orders for these, but on the same web-site they say they are not allowed to be kept or collected in wa. what's going on, anyone?

Pilbara pythons is probably simply simply advertising and taking the orders for another breeder that they work with who may not be in WA. That would be my guess.

Cheers

Pilbara Pythons works very closely with True Blue who is the one taking orders for them, only available to the eastern states since hes based in qld.

You'll also notice that the website says that they are available in all states except WA

Read all the text, not just the title :lol: Nothing has changed here as yet, what has been said above is correct.

Jordan

Pilbara pythons is probably simply simply advertising and taking the orders for another breeder that they work with who may not be in WA. That would be my guess.

Cheers

breeders? you say. i'm very suspicious now.

As said before Pilbara Pythons works very closely with True Blue from this site who is another very experienced breeder

l must be dumber than l have even been told, if its ilegal to take or keep these pygmy pythons and they are native to west. aust. only how do people get them registered in other states ?????????????????? westernrocky

Just like the vast majority of captive animals...they descended from stock that was collected prior to a licensing system.

so.johnno from erd with only one or two people having them they should / would have paperwork going back 16 years in qld. is this correct and if not could you explain the system to me / the website .....wr.... ps l would like to know this as if l was to purchase these l would like to know my hard earned and acquired critter is not illegal.......

G'day mate,

There are a lot more than one or two people with them. I know of at least 6 personally. They are bred regularly. Apparently there was a clutch of 9 eggs laid just recently, which is a pretty sizeable clutch for a species that generally lays 2-5 eggs.

I can't see them been any more "illegal" than any other python. The vast majority of pythons were illegally taken from the wild but during one of several amnesties they have been deemed "legal".

amnesties

am l right in saying the last "gazetted" amnesty was in 1996.....wr

Amnesty

according to records available under [FOI] the last amnesty l could find was the30th oct. 1996......wr [FOI] freedom of information [govt. act]

What are you alluding to westernrocky? What is so difficult for you to understand? The animals were collected illegally sometime in the past and were declared during amnesty thus creating a legal captive population. As time goes by this founder group/s is bred and more perthensis are available to other collectors. Amazing stuff eh :lol:

It really isnt that hard of a concept to grasp.....

rob breeds em up the sunshine coast qld.and snke ranch , so both will be available but you can imagine now that they are advertised as coming, the demand will increase.i have been trying to get some for around 4yrs now and each time they are available someone beats me to it
there is way more than just a couple of people that have em, but its on the down low. because its like a race to develop enough of a colony to support the demand. the last time i tried to purchase the guy reneged on the sale cos someone else offered more money and subsequently bought all five for quite a sum. i hate being poor but at least i was told the truth and not fed some bull**** story.

I also beleive that the WA Herp Society is trying to push for these animals to be included on our WA keepers list... So maybe soon us WAins will be able to keep em...

urodacus_au....as you may or may-not be aware two pairs of pygmys have been confiscated over here [QLD] in recent weeks for insufficient paperwork as reported in [THE COURIER MAIL] and like l said in a previous post l personally would like to see a legal paper trail as to see our EPA disappearing with my snakes is not my idea of a good day....wr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back