perthensis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
urodacus_au....as you may or may-not be aware two pairs of pygmys have been confiscated over here [QLD] in recent weeks for insufficient paperwork as reported in [THE COURIER MAIL] and like l said in a previous post l personally would like to see a legal paper trail as to see our EPA disappearing with my snakes is not my idea of a good day....wr

I have not heard of this. Do you have a link or details of this story?

urodacus_au....as you may or may-not be aware two pairs of pygmys have been confiscated over here [QLD] in recent weeks for insufficient paperwork as reported in [THE COURIER MAIL] and like l said in a previous post l personally would like to see a legal paper trail as to see our EPA disappearing with my snakes is not my idea of a good day....wr

If you really want pygmies and are really worried that they'll get confiscated you have two options that i can see. 1st is don't buy any. 2nd is purchase them from a reputable breeder who has kept a sufficient paper trail of their lineage.

Lots of people poach them, it's more than likely cheaper to go into the pilbara and collect as many pygmies as you can than it is to find a breeder, buy some and then breed them yourself. But that doesn't mean that there aren't lots that are legit and on permit.

When you find a breeder your happy with to purchase from call your EPA with his details and find out if he is registered and its all legal. Get it faxed to you in writing if your still concerned...

Then your covered..:D

They have been legally bred in WA and legally exported to the eastern states for quite a number of years now.
I dont keep and breed them but Dave knows someone over here that does.

I have recently seen so called "captive bred" Perthensis with skin worm and they defecated the remains of skinks. Not exactly normal for captive bred animals. These animals were purchased in the eastern state.

I have recently seen so called "captive bred" Perthensis with skin worm and they defecated the remains of skinks. Not exactly normal for captive bred animals. These animals were purchased in the eastern state.

Perthensis are reportedly one of the hardest snakes to get feeding, i'm not so suprised if a breeder uses skinks to get them feeding. Not sure how you would see the remains of skink in poo though.

skin worms on a captive bred animal LOL
& how easy is it to create a paper trail ??? LOL

Perthensis are reportedly one of the hardest snakes to get feeding, i'm not so suprised if a breeder uses skinks to get them feeding. Not sure how you would see the remains of skink in poo though.

If the skinks are Australian native they are breaking the law (but that is another isuue). Skin worm does not just appear in captive collections. From what I have seen they cannot entirely digest the skin & scales, much like rodent fur.

If the skinks are Australian native they are breaking the law.

That is not necessarily correct, in Queensland at least. It is discouraged, but legal for people to catch certain species as feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back