Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southside Morelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just thought i'd post a pic or 2 of my"hypo" jungles bred by Snakepower (Zac).

1st & 2nd pic are of male and 3rd pic is of the female when hatched to show you what colour they were when hatched (courtesy of Zac).
They are coming up to yearlings and definitely different to any jungles I have ever had. I'm interested to see how they will develop and what offspring they may throw, whether the trait is genetic or not.

I'd like to hear comments from the masses as to their opinions on these animals and should they be called "hypo" or not?
Any pics of similar animals would be great to see and any forward looking comments on how they may develop would also be cool...:D

Looking forward to opinions, i'll get a beer and some popcorn...lol

Attachments

• hypo male 1 7.11.jpg
    hypo male 1 7.11.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 613
  • hypo male head 7.11.jpg
    hypo male head 7.11.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 439
  • Hypo female 1.JPG
    Hypo female 1.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 533
They still have a fair bit of black in them so i dont think they are hypo's. It will be interesting to see what other memebrs have to say about them. Either way they are nice jungles

A lot of people think that all Jungles are black and gold. This is not true. Black and gold jungles are merely the most popular form.
Those pythons are nice Jungles but I can't see how you could call them "hypos".

LOL, here we go, I didn't coin the phrase the breeder did...
I agree Greebo.
The interesting pic is of the hatchie....the redish brown pattern, different yes but common...I don't know, is it?

Just getting the feedback and i'm not labelling them as hypo, hence the name of the thread, Hypo debate...Hypo Jungle????

Cheers...

Nice looking snakes Scott.

I think you have to think about a number of things before potentially labelling snakes one or another.
These would have to include but not limited to the following:

Which locality are these animals from? What is the 'wildtype' phenotype for these animals?
If different, by what degree?
Have the jungles been bred locality true? This would have a bearing on things to, or have they been line bred with similar looking animals?What do they look like as adults, this is obviously very important.

If they look like they have alot less black than a standard' wild type' from that particular localities range, then yes as an adult you could consider using the 'Hypo' tag.

Personally, I think morph tags and in particular the 'Hypo' tag is banded around far too much.

Just my 2 cents!

Neil

i think they have way to much black to be hypo's, they are still stunning jungles !!! very nice

they look like a pair of coastals i had once. dont really look liek jungles

Any chance of photos of adult "hypo" jungles?
I had some tan coloured Athertons, guess they were hypos..lol

Any chance of photos of adult "hypo" jungles?
I had some tan coloured Athertons, guess they were hypos..lol

LOL. I guess they were, in the true sense of the word...
I'd like to see some pics as well!
I'll have to ask the breeder. ;)
I think Zac has posted before somewhere, on this line of reduced black jungles.

Nice looking snakes, but definitely not 'hypo' if you are using the term correctly as in hypo-melanistic, ie lacking in melanin.

Scott
I had some hypo looking jungles from my clutches but they did not prove out ?

I think you will find that they will get more black in the pattern with age and look like atherton type jungles etc

Very nice bright colours though .

But not hypo jungles if you ask me

cheers
Roger

Scott
I had some hypo looking jungles from my clutches but they did not prove out ?

I think you will find that they will get more black in the pattern with age and look like atherton type jungles etc

Very nice bright colours though .

But not hypo jungles if you ask me

cheers
Roger

Thanks Rog,
Mate, i'll tell you they may be the most expensive "Atherton" looking jungles anyone has ever purchased!!! lol Only time will tell hey?

I should have started a poll.

Do you have any pics of yours?

Regardless of what they are labeled, they are nice looking snakes. I would like some of them in my collection.

As for the hypo name, I think it really is up to Zac to label them as he wishes, he did produce them.

Heres one i thought was a hypo
Zac has it now , its a nice looking jungle now but not hypo ,
but who knows you may prove yours out , only time will tell .
I ended up calling these reduced black jungles because it appeared to be a random colour phase and not a proven true hypo .

Attachments

• IMG_2679.JPG
    IMG_2679.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
They are exetremely nice Southside. They look similar to my little female, she is 10months old.

She shed last night so she is looking her best.

Attachments

• IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2309.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 140
Really? We can just make up names for our snakes now? I don't think so Tim.

Sure we can. I have super-hipermelamistic-expiala-wacky childreni if the Infinite Doom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back