What is my python doing??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oenpelli-Girl

Reaction score
Hi every1,

I have got a new snake (male/ childrens/9 months- 1 year) and have had it for 2 weeks so far. i fed it yesterday and now its sitting in the water dish im just wondering if its going to shed or if it's hot because it's kept outside until i can get a light and keep it inside. can any1 help??

Thx annie

What area are you in? It may be a case of mites, have you noticed any black specs in the water?
If it is hot outside, it may just be because he is hot.

It's mighty hot up here at the moment. We had 40 yesterday. Can you move him inside. I dont know many people up here that bother with lights anyway (myself included). I do have some night lights for when we get that awful cold part of the dry season though. I'd try that first then look at mites if he keeps doing it.

Definatley shouldn't be outside on these types of days. Theres alot of people up that way that just don't bother with lights as they're not needed, like Bob2 said. I'd assume it's the heat and not mites.

my poor blokes are indoors and still bloody hot at the moment hahah - instead of lights I think I may need and aircon for them haha. I dont even bother giving them heat when they have eaten as the temps are high with out it.
Good luck :)

we havet the air-con on most of the time because our house really badly insulated so im waiting on some lights so i can keep him in my room or in the lounge room lol

i've moved him inside and hes gone back in his house thingy so i think it must have been the heat btw Nhulunbuy is near the top of the top end lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back