The other view on C.P.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagraj

Reaction score
Executing the Bali bombers has not brought any of their victims back or healed any of the survivors injuries.

It has caused just as much grief to the innocent members of the bombers families as the bombing did to the victims families. Double the grief! How can that be acceptable?

While they were alive and in prison they were largely impotent and in time would have been forgotten. Now there is a very good chance they will become martyrs and their cause may be reignited.

Some words from some of the victim's families.

Brian Deegan "It's not going to heal the unhealable wound, it's only going to ulcerate it."

Barbara Hackett "It can't bring back Kathy or the other 201 victims"

Geoffrey Thwaites "By executing these three people, the problem hasn't gone away."

Peter Hughes “It's all over for them (the bombers) now, but I've still got to get up tomorrow and do the exact same thing.”

Much cheaper this way, also no chance of them being released, which going by the Indonesian government was always a possibility down the track.

I agree with JP2, it is much cheaper to execute someone than leave them in prison to rot. But i think spending your life in prison would be far worse than being killed so as a punishment i think life in prison would be more effective.

But i am morally against the death penalty. How can a government tell its people not to hurt and kill each other if they kill members of their own society.

The only mistake the government made was not executing them sooner.

The only mistake the government made was not executing them sooner.

They also made the mistake of giving them the public glory, as i suggested in the other thread, they should have been taken away interegated and simply made to disapear without being able to contribute more to their cause. As the Indonesian government is on their side, i couldnt see that happening. Killing a few islamic extremists is still good in a way, but there are plenty more to take their place.

If you think this was a punishment and not exactly what the bombers wanted you are an ignorant fool IMO. They are true martyrs even though they are my enemy. This has done nothing but promote them.

a day or 2 with CIA interrogators before death would have been much better for those sub human pieces of filth.With islamic extremists etc to truly punish them with death you must first shatter their faith and dignity to the point that they have nothing left to hold onto,remember these people are religious fanatics who view death as a reward.

Last edited:
I agree with JP2, it is much cheaper to execute someone than leave them in prison to rot. But i think spending your life in prison would be far worse than being killed so as a punishment i think life in prison would be more effective.

Such extremists should never be put with other prisoners, it is a prime place for recruitment. I dont think animal cruelty is good in any situation even against this extremist scum, they should be erradcated like a feral pest would be, quick and humanely.

Such extremists should never be put with other prisoners, it is a prime place for recruitment. I dont think animal cruelty is good in any situation even against this extremist scum, they should be erradcated like a feral pest would be, quick and humanely.

Solitary confinement for the rest of your life would be worse again then death.

Executing the Bali bombers has not brought any of their victims back or healed any of the survivors injuries.

It has caused just as much grief to the innocent members of the bombers families as the bombing did to the victims families. Double the grief! How can that be acceptable?

Really who cares about their family? I sure dont pretend to. They are the ones who raised them as scum and probably support them too.

While they were alive and in prison they were largely impotent and in time would have been forgotten. Now there is a very good chance they will become martyrs and their cause may be reignited.

reignited? pfft, have you not seen the news in the last few years, the war has been going pretty strong in the middle east. As i have said prison is a recruitement centre.

Some words from some of the victim's families.

Brian Deegan "It's not going to heal the unhealable wound, it's only going to ulcerate it."

Barbara Hackett "It can't bring back Kathy or the other 201 victims"

Geoffrey Thwaites "By executing these three people, the problem hasn't gone away."

Peter Hughes “It's all over for them (the bombers) now, but I've still got to get up tomorrow and do the exact same thing.”

These ppl are really smart arnt they, lets just get rid of the law, punnishment has no point :lol:

Much cheaper this way ....

I'm afraid I don't understand that sentiment at all. I can not quantify a persons life with a monetary value. I can't say that it's ok to kill somebody because it's cheaper than keeping them alive.

How can a government tell its people not to hurt and kill each other if they kill members of their own society.

Another good point. A state in which it is legal to kill people is probably partly responsible for the crimes committed which invoke such 'justice'.

As the Indonesian government is on their side

Are you suggesting that the Indon govt wanted to make them into martyrs and thereby become a Sharia state?

Are you suggesting that the Indon govt wanted to make them into martyrs and thereby become a Sharia state?

No, but i dont see how anyone could pretend they are serious about trying to stop islamic extremists. They do the bare minimum they can due to international pressure.

I also think caging a person for their entire life is more cruel than the death penalty (JMO not worth trying to debate).

Did you ever see these scum bags suffering in a jail cell ? Every picture since there arrest up untill there execution should them sitting round with big grins on there face and never in a cell They deserved the death sentence and should have got it sooner

Im not pro CP in general but for this case i sure am.
I say string'm up, fry them what ever - just kill them.

Theres family of victims who certainly agree.

They killed 202 people in an attack that was allegedly aimed at 'Westerners'. Far more innocents are killed each day in Iraq and Afghanistan. By 'Westeners'.

To suggest killing people to prove that killing people is wrong, it's nuts. It's illogical. The cumulative effect of what has happened will not give peace to the families of either side. It will open wounds that we are yet to feel the repercussions of.

One of those moments in time you hang your head, sigh, and pray that the primates don't get wind of just how stupid most homosapiens are..

I`ve spent a descent amount of time in jail and i can tell you that it`s not as bad as what people say, it`s like a holiday camp. from what i have seen in the media the indonesian prison`s look alot more enjoyable than the aussie one`s - The bali bombers even went on outings!
I think a just punishment for scum like the bali bombers, the Murphy brothers and Travers (Anita Cobie killers) would be many years of torture until their bodies can`t handle it any more and they just die.
Thats just my opinion and i hope i don`t offend too many people.

I'm afraid I don't understand that sentiment at all. I can not quantify a persons life with a monetary value. I can't say that it's ok to kill somebody because it's cheaper than keeping them alive.

Yes, but some ppl are capable of thinking rationally and are not completely blinded by emotion.

I can guarantee you 100% neither of those three will ever take another life again now, and that's a good thing

They killed 202 people in an attack that was allegedly aimed at 'Westerners'. Far more innocents are killed each day in Iraq and Afghanistan. By 'Westeners'.

To suggest killing people to prove that killing people is wrong, it's nuts. It's illogical. The cumulative effect of what has happened will not give peace to the families of either side. It will open wounds that we are yet to feel the repercussions of.

One of those moments in time you hang your head, sigh, and pray that the primates don't get wind of just how stupid most homosapiens are..
i strongly suggest that you get your facts from a more reputable source,because if your facts did come from a reputable source you would know that Al Quaeda in iraq kidnap and murder innocent families and force innocent people to drive cars packed with explosives to their destination where they are detonated. so if these people are so ruthless and have so little regard for the lives of innocents do you not think that it is possible that they deliberately place civillians in buildings where air strikes may occur? because afterall it is a well known fact that mostly JDAM's are used now and they are insanely accurate from 40,000feet they will hit withing 5meters of the target so these few incidents would Not be deliberate acts.

And as for the latter part of you post, i guess going by your logic it was wrong to go to war to stop Hitler. now wouldnt the world be screwed up place right now if 90% of the population shared the same views as you. :rolleyes: and as for the bali bombers yes i agree it was wrong to kill them they should have been handed over to the CIA and locked in cells and be constantly pumped full of hallucinogenic drugs combined with daily torture and be brought to the point they would wish for death and be kept that way for the next say 20years. those people were nothing more than sub human scum who killed 202 innocent people and caused trauma that the families and surviving victims will have to live with for the rest of their lives. so why exactly should people make excuses for the bali bombers or any violent criminal who harms innocents?:?

Status
Not open for further replies.