My First Chondro.. And a Hello..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Babies average from about $400 to $700 and adults average from about $500 to $1200, all depending on locale, appearance and whether or not they're farmed or captive bred.

aaaaarrrgghhhh!!! I knew they were cheaper, but that's ridiculous! :lol: Yours is stunning, congrats!

And trendkill, we can't keep boas (or any exotics) here in Australia no matter how much we love them. :(

Haha.. many of them are unfortunately! It's often hard to find pure locales other than Biaks. Most of the animals you see available are locality mixes. I've been waiting all year for this clutch of Jayas to be produced.

Thanks for the comments on my boas too. Do you have any?

Not that he would tell you about anyway! :lol:;) Just kidding Boa.

Threndkill, They are illegal here in Australia, a lucky few have them on licence, declared in the last amnesty, but they aren't allowed to be bred or sold on.

Nice snakes you have there, I used to work alot with epicrates back in the UK.

Cheers Neil

Not that he would tell you about anyway! :lol:;) Just kidding Boa.

Threndkill, They are illegal here in Australia, a lucky few have them on licence, declared in the last amnesty, but they aren't allowed to be bred or sold on.

Nice snakes you have there, I used to work alot with epicrates back in the UK.

Cheers Neil

Really!? I never knew that. Why exactly are they illegal?

Epicrates are also on my "want list"... I love the Brazilian Rainbows.

Really!? I never knew that. Why exactly are they illegal?

Epicrates are also on my "want list"... I love the Brazilian Rainbows.

I was more into the insular island forms, Haitian's and Jamaican's being some of my favourites, although I did used to breed four rainbow subspecies, Argentinian,brazilian,paraguyan and columbian. Awesome snakes.

Yes, as others have already stated the Australian goverment want to protect the native wildlife, through preventing introduced diseases and possible interaction with our native species/cross breeding and alike, more importantly we don't want another Cane toad saga.

Cheers Neil

Yeah I can understand that. The Feds here are trying to ban or restrict the importation, sales, and (possibly) the keeping of large constrictors:

"SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service or We), are reviewing available biological and economic information on constrictor snakes in the Python, Boa and Eunectes genera for possible addition to the list of injurious wildlife under the Lacey Act. The importation and introduction of constrictor snakes into the natural ecosystems of the United States may pose a threat to the interests of agriculture, horticulture, forestry; to the health and welfare of human beings; and to the welfare and survival of wildlife and wildlife resources in the United States. An injurious wildlife listing would prohibit the importation into, or transportation between, States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or possession of the United States by any means, without a permit. Permits may be issued for scientific, medical, educational, or zoological purposes. This document seeks comments from the public to aid in determining if a proposed rule is warranted."

I sincerely hope that something like this does not get passed. There is only a small region in the United States in which these animals can survive in the wild, and significant damage to our ecosystem, even in that region, has not been seen. The rest of our country is far too cold for these animals to survive for more than a few Summer months. We have a huge number of reptile hobbyists protesting this and defending our rights to keep, breed and sell these animals. Hopefully we can make an impact and avoid such a ban.

Nice GTP and some amazing boas Trend! If you don't mind my asking, who produced that chondro? I'm in the states as well.

Thanks! He came from www.frantzherp.com. Troy is a great guy with a good reputation for healthy, CBB GTPs.

Last edited:
Very nice snakes, love those Boa's

Yes the situation is pretty much the same here with some species, it's hard to know exactly what you are getting especially when a snake can be identified as a Jungle, Coastal or Darwin in one thread by different people :)

As has been stated unfortunately we aren't able to keep these beautiful animals legally, the ban obviously hasn't stopped them being here illegally in very large numbers so the whole disease argument is pretty well negated. It's a shame but that's the way it is.
You are very lucky to have such a beautiful collection of Boas.

Haha.. many of them are unfortunately! It's often hard to find pure locales other than Biaks. Most of the animals you see available are locality mixes. I've been waiting all year for this clutch of Jayas to be produced.

Thanks for the comments on my boas too. Do you have any?

Very nice Boas,that Chondro is stunning,i like the red little worms,but imo the yellows are even more special,call me biased.You are lucky 2 own such awesome reptiles,but here in Aust we have some fantastic reptiles.By the way welcome to the site,photos are always appreciated..

re My

Yeh boa,its all crazy,people are mixing the boas in western sydney,you dont know whether your argentines have been tarnished by bolivian red tails,soon theyll just be known as Boa Mt Druensis.

Someone recently offered me an apparently pure Gosford Boa, the price was good but pure, no way.

Corn snakes would be one of the most bred snakes here in Australia i would say. The amount bred i have heard about is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back