Qantas what the?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
has anyone els noticed lately there has been alot of qantas planes problems

i saw another one on the news the other wk and the reporter said this is the 5th problem with a qantas plane in something like a month

now tonight on the news i see another one with a plane falling 300m and injuring passengers :shock:

im to scared to fly qantas now lol i think one of the other cases a door ripped off int he air and the others wernt much better

scary stuff

crazy eh, they had a perfect record until just recently... but what did they expect, saving money sending the planes overseas for maintenance...
at least the shareholders are happy.... for now

I don't think I'd want to fly anywhere with all this happening :shock:

is that what they are doing now azza?
i wont be flying with them at all now!!

i mean i think its happend 7 times in the past 2months or something crazy

but what did they expect, saving money sending the planes overseas for maintenance...

it is just as likely that the aussie-based maintenance crews are sabotaging the maintenance to make the overseas look bad to support their cause. this is just step 1 of the unions trying to control and ruin an industry that is running fine .

remember the oxygen bottle exploding recently and ripping a huge whole out of the qantas jet, well my bro flew to canada about a week later (first time on a plane and crapping him self at any noise or movement) although he did meet the singer from nickleback, he's hero, he'd go on a plane with no wings for that

it is just as likely that the aussie-based maintenance crews are sabotaging the maintenance to make the overseas look bad to support their cause. this is just step 1 of the unions trying to control and ruin an industry that is running fine .

yes ok, now back to reality please

remember the oxygen bottle exploding recently and ripping a huge whole out of the qantas jet, well my bro flew to canada about a week later (first time on a plane and crapping him self at any noise or movement) although he did meet the singer from nickleback, he's hero, he'd go on a plane with no wings for that

yea that one scared me the most!!

funny thing is i havent heard one thing wrong with jetstar or virgin and there the cheaper companies LOL crazy stuff

dam thats not good im flying with them in a few weeks

ill pray for u
jks lol
nah im sure u will be fine none of them have actually crashed lol... just come close to it

in all seriousness chances of a plane crashing with u on it is so unbelivebly small imagine how many qantas planes there are everyday and there has been 7 problems known of the the past month or so

and like i said none have crashed so ull be fine lol

i think its all a big joke imo. these jets spend a good 80% of there time up in the air (if not more)..a couple of freak accidents happen and now the media picks up on every tiny detail and blows it out of proportion. the fact is that air travel is incredibly safe, its built around safety. check after check after check, redundancy after redundancy etc...if there maintenance was really that bad, CASA wouldn't allow them to fly! the media needs something to write about!! i'd be much more worried about driving to work, rather than dieing in a plane crash....qantas gets criticised about their maintenance, but nothing is said about how they train their pilots to a high standard to be able to deal with these situations to save lives!!!

would you really fly with a mob called virgin? live by my rules( i can walk and swim but im still yet to learn how to fly)

The same thing happened a few years back when a QANTAS jet ran off the end of the runway overseas if anyone can remember, then for the next couple of months they were on the news almost daily with something else happening. It's the media making a big deal out of things that happen all the time because people are more likely to listen after a more major incident. I'm sure Virgin and the rest have incidents that don't get reported. They will soon lose interest in QANTAS and everyone will think that nothing is going wrong. The same thing happened with the trains in NSW when there was the accident in Glenbrook, and then a few years later at Waterfall. For the next few weeks the media had a field day every time there was a derailment or minor incident, making it out to be a huge problem with the network, but when you look into it further there are derailments and incidents almost on a weekly basis.

Personally i think Qantas is a great flight sevrice and dont mind paying the extra money for a filght when needed, but as other people have stated nearly every airline has had these freack acciedents every year its a part of life but this happens every so often with the airline industry its bound to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back