Holy Moly... Anti Fire Treatment - USA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Because of the raging bushfires in California - this is one of the methods used to control the fire.

0,,6352100,00.jpg

Ok... so we use helicopters and maybe light aircraft - this is crazy huge!!!

I think the choppers we use are in fact American, Slim.
Theres buckleys thats real, a passenger jet, c'mon.

The first thing I thought on seeing that was tampons... lol.

For those who are too lazy to check out the link. The photo Slim posted is captioned with

"10 Tanker Air Carrier, a DC-10 jet converted to a firefighting aircraft, drops Phos-Check fire retardant over the Piute fire as more than 1,400 wildfires continue to burn across about 550 square miles of central and northern California, on July 1, 2008 south of Isabella Lake, California."

Only in America hey? :lol:

when reading the the link they don't seem to be photo shopped...but who knows with the web

Seems like a waste of time and money when it would clearly have to land every time it refills. The Choppers and the original fire fighting planes all could fill up either by hovering above water and dropping in a hose or landing in water and then continuing to take off without stopping. This would have to stop, have a hose linked up with a tank of water, fill it, get it set to take off again and then repeat the whole process.

its not water, its fire retardant, and it carries 12000 gallons of it. which im sure no helicopter could.
it costs 26.5k per hour to hire. im sure someone would have worked out whether it would be feasible to use it, and it seems as though its very effective.

wonderful in my opinion, definitely would not complain about that helping put out fires threatening my home..

I can't wait till the start using the Antinov jets for this same purpose :)

That is definitely real, hard to imagine how much fire retardant it would drop though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back