to all diet cola drinkers......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree red nature was sent here by god to look after our bodies...

I have never understood the term natural, ultimatly everything comes from the earth. When does somthing reach that stage where it is too processed to be called natural?

Most natural remedies are just toxic plants sold at inflated prices. Remember plants have been trying to kill people and other grazers since the begining of time.

i heard that the formaldehyde stores in fat deposits in the body and is released when that fat is burned.. not saying its true because i havnt got proof obviously but it may explain why people drink/eat so much of it and dont have any symptoms straight away

not correct there forensick, the thalidomide drug used for morning sickness was a different stereo isomer to that which had been shown to be of assistance for pregnent women, it was the drug that caused the problem of "flipper arms"...

Yep, that's right. Check the Wikipedia quote below:
"Thalidomide is racemic – it contains both left- and right-handed isomers in equal amounts. The (R) enantiomer is effective against morning sickness. The (S) is teratogenic and causes birth defects."

The defects casued by thalidomide are pretty minor in the scheme of things (obviously not for those who suffered them) but they would not lead to miscarriage - also thalidomide did not prevent miscarriage, nor was it intended to - it relieved severe morning sickness.

The doctor who invented the drug recently went public and admitted that he falsified results to get the drug on the market, so the problem wasn't so much oversight as fraud.

That said, I avoid as many artificial things as possible - anything that is labelled "fat free" usually has added emulsifiers and thickeners for texture and is often really high in sugar, anything that is labeled "sugar free" is usually really high in fat and tastes like crap.

You tend to eat bigger quantities of flavourless, bland food. I would far prefer one or two homemade biscuits made with real butter, sugar and good chocolate than a whole packet of those vile Weight Watchers overpackaged cardboard logs! And I've seen cartons of "Traditional Vanilla custard" which contain no egg, no cream and no vanilla!!!! Why not just drink water instead of "diet" soft drink anyway?

well Australis you probably would have been one of those people that thought the world was flat ....untill proven beyond belief that it wasnt ...........

That's a bit of a myth too, even the ancient greeks left references to the true shape of the earth.

ok,i'm not sure if you ca beleive that one. however there is lots of research pointing towards the fact that most artificial sweeteners are c****nogenic (cancer causing). i think there was a thread on this a while back. me and my family stay away from artificial sugar items.

Jamie

Like rbb and jack said, to much of anything will kill you. My Chineese work mate explained why she, and many Chineese, don't drink alot of milk (to do with congestion and stuff). Yet my kids can't get enoygh of it. That said, I believe she also said yesterday that Chineese are prone to stroke. Those who eat alot of meat without veg are prone to bowl cancer, and so on....

What a load of offensive, unhelpful c@#p. MS is common in my family, my mum, her sister, one of my sisters etc. have it or had it. This type of posting should be closed.

i spoke to my doctor about this ages ago, he said its a load of crap there hasnt been any real evidence to support it.

lol these hoaxes make me laugh, altho someone put alot of effort into that one!

pepsi max is the win! I love the stuff

i spoke to my doctor about this ages ago, he said its a load of crap there hasnt been any real evidence to support it.

well apart from the fact that it doesn't appear to be written by an academic, although claimed to be, the conference that is claimed to have had this information never took place. a simple google reveals no conference papers/reports, which if legitimate would exist, can be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back