Herp photographers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald_taipan

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about photography, but I took some photographs of some snakes about 10 years ago that turned out really good, using an slr camera. The film (35mm I think)was from the supermarket. I still have the negs, and the original photos haven't faded, but when I try to get a camera shop to reproduce an exact copy of the original photo using either the negs or the actual original photo they always turn out noticeably duller. It seems it would be a simple thing to do in this day and age, but I haven't found a place that can do it. Anyone have any suggestions or knowledge on this topic?

p.s I can travel to melbourne if necessary

What crappy photo developing places if they can't get the colour right!
If you can't find one that develops correctly and can adjust things....you could always scan a high quality photo of it and tweak it using a program such as Photoshop... and then I guess print it.

Thanks tatelina. Its hard to get anything done right in Bendigo, even if you're paying them.

im afraid you just have to keep trying different places til you find someone you are happy with.....

You should be able to get them to scan the negatives for you onto some kind of digital format. From there you could get someone or yourself too process the photos digitally so the colours, sharpness are all spot on. Then just go get them reprinted wherever you like.

There is a place in S.A I used to print off some old film I had called Roll it on. Don't know if they are National. Paid around $10 for 32 exp Printed and put on disc. Was happy with the prints.

i know why your photos are dull, its cause the places your taking them to arnt doing enough pbl's and mbl's to recalibrate the inks int he machines (often to save time and money (PBL's &MBL's take up alot of time and when theres alot of prints, well you get the idea)), they can also adjust contrast and brightness on the prints before printing the pic's.

i know big w stores pbl every new roll of paper that goes in (well there supposed to) and mbl (should be dont twice daily) even more if there doing over 3000 prints a day. (also as a side note the newer fuji labs have issues with correct colours, try and find one with d-lab 1 written up the side of the left hand door, there older and slower but produce better colour prints from negs)

but try your local big w photo lab and ask them if they can either do the print after a new roll of gloss, or matt paper goes in, or (if they can, which they dont like doing) pbl before doing your prints. if you were in kempsey i would do it for you, but alas :(

oh well hope this helps a little as to getting some better prints fromt he negs.

regards

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back