Got Olives?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillS

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey folks.

I am the new happy owner of an Olive Python (Liasis o. olivaceus). He's about six feet long and very docile.

I've read nice things about Olives. Got any stories to share? Why do you love them?

Thanks.

Bill

I love mine becasue they always think my hand is food :lol:

Other than that once they are out of the enclosure they are pretty good.

I've found mine to have the most charming personality of all of my snakes.

If i open up his tank, he will come out on his own and crawl onto me. My other snakes never do this.

Fantastic snakes (mine is my avatar).

my male olive would be my favourite snake, if you have him out of the enclosure and he is hungry he slides around you and then he just opens up and latches on.
he is adorable.
cheers:)

Last edited:
My 2 Olive Python's

My 2 Olive Python's are the most charming Python's l have ever kept since 1989, l can put my hands in their enclosure, and they just come over to suss me out then once they know its me, and there is no food for them both, they just go back into their hide box to rest.

Last edited:
I love my girl olive she is 7 foot and when she's out her cage she likes to come up on my shoulders and rest her head on my head and she'll stay like that till i put her back, She gorgeous.

Yep.. ;)

Sorry..couldn't resist. :)

Attachments

• olives.jpg
    olives.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 53
But in all seriousness.... Olive pythons are absolutely beautiful...and I can't wait until I have room for their adult size enclosures....

One of my pet hates is seeing these gorgeous monsters squashed up in little boxes. *sigh*

Most Olives are gentle giants, I have a female that is around 5 foot and she is an angel.
Im looking forward for her to grow up to monster size.

I have also just put a deposit on a 100% het for albino pair of Olives, Cant wait until they are ready to come to me (around Feb next year).

Here are some pics of my 5 foot girl.

Attachments

• Olive Olivia d.jpg
    Olive Olivia d.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Olive Olivia a.jpg
    Olive Olivia a.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Olive Olivia c.jpg
    Olive Olivia c.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 79
I dont own a olive at present,but when im at a friends,im always checking out their pair,awesome snakes imo.i was hoping they were going to breed this year,maybe next year,fingers crossed.Apparently they are gentle giants,except when food is close by,all they can smell it.Yours look like a decent size Reptillian 66,Sounds like your going to have your hands full andyscott,can i ask how much your paying for the het olives,cheers.

I just got my boy last week and hes is beautiful.hes only 5ft at the moment. I read how docile they were but i didnt believe it until i got him. As soon as you go near his enclosure he comes over to say hi and he doesnt even flinch when i put my hand in there to get him out. Nothing fazes him. One thing i need to get him out of though is him rapping around my neck whenever i get him out as when hes a big boy he'll choke me. lol. There is just something about him. Every snake i get im usualy a bit wary with them at first but with him the first day i got him i had him around my neck and it was just like id had him for years.
I highly recomend olives now!!!! BEST SNAKES EVER!!
Heres some pics of my beautiful boy bentley
P161108_1728.jpg

P181108_1455.jpg

I'm sooooooooo jealous of all of you who have olives. The Bf would kill me if I brought one home. He hates snakes, especially big ones (he's a bit of a wuss LOL).
I love snakes, especially the big ones. Olives are my fave python in the whole wide world!!

Yes l sure do have my hands full Pythons73, and my female NT Phase Olive Python is 12 foot long-Born December 1999, my male NT Phase Olive Python is 9 foot long-Born December 2001.
l would have to agree that Olive Python's a my 1 favourite Australian Python, they are just so docile and cool and charming to have as a pet Python, why would you want any other pet Python.

Olive Python's NT Phase.

Here is a couple of more photo''s, showing 2 that l use to own that l got from Reedy's Reptile's.
They just look so cute curled up together don't you think.

Last edited:
OMG, i might be getting a baby olive python late feb early march next year! so excited cant wait and they look so great, and its good to hear they are realy gentle aswell. but i hear they can give a nasty bite lol.

Yes they can give you a nasty bite, especially when they know its feed time, they will go for anything that they can get hold of including your hands,.
Only my male try's to bite me every now and again, l see that has dominance as if he thinks l'm another male trying to take over his territory and pinch his girlfriend, my beautiful female Olive Python never ever try's to bite me, l some times wish she was my girlfriend, that his how beautiful l think she his, l can go and pat her straight after she has finished eating her Rat or Rabbit, and she won't even try and attack me.

l got my beautiful female NT Phase Olive Python in July 2000, she was 8 months old then and she will be 9 years old in mid Decemcer 2008, which is only 4 weeks to go, l got my male NT Phase Olive Python in March 2004, he was 2 years and 3 months old, he will be 9 years old in mid December 2008, when l first got him he was very snappy them but has he as got older he has tamed down alot, and l now can put my hands near him, without worrying about him trying to have ago at me, but some times l do have to watch him, because he will try and have ago at me for when l least expect him to.

hey, how big do these lovely pythons grow up to?

my friend held one that was 18ft. I think it must have been a bit of a freak. lol
The average size is normaly around 14-16ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back