Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My snakes led me to start drinking....

I've only seen one in 5 of my snakes ever drink... And the other thing I always miss is the yawning - I've seen it once and then never again!

i love watching them yawn, especially if you are holding them and all of a sudden their mouths just expand right open lol

My snakes led me to start drinking....
Heh.

he comes to drink as soon as his water gets changed which is most days.
That's a very hydrated python you have there!

I hardly see my snakes drink...but I remember how excited I used to be when I did see them for the first few times. Hehehe.. Might sound lame but I don't care. :)

I often see the antaresia drinking, but haven't caught the Morelia at it. They are not as active.

I've had my guy for over a year, and not ONCE have i seen him drink. It must be some secret ritual:)

Never seen my 18 month Diamond Python drink.....but have seen her swim her head underwater in the bowl. I agree - it is secret snake business!

Seen a couple of mine drink. Saw my tully girl drink for what must have been a good 25 seconds one day. Was really interesting to see the subtle movement of her swallowing, as apposed to the usual gaping jaw with a massive lump going down.....

i will often see my womas and bhps drink but very rarley my jungles or childrens. My mlae jungle will often drink if i spray him, he will rub his face into his body and drink the droplets aswell as those on the enclopsure aroung him and a few times have seen him submerge his head into a fresh water bowl.....strange! have never seen my female jungle drink though....

My stimson will drink water from my hand if i cup my hand and put it under the tap.

I guess thats a good indication he's quite comfortable with me :lol:

I've had my guy for over a year, and not ONCE have i seen him drink. It must be some secret ritual:)

thought i might just have picky pythons waiting for some spring water. sounds as if it might be more the norm to never/rarely see them drink

take the water bowl out for a fortnight, then put it in, see how quick they are to the water bowl!!

ive seen most, of my snakes drinking....(not by using the above method):D:D

havent seen my diamond drink yet but i have seen her swim, she put her head in the water bowl and pulled it out the other side but made sure her whole body from start to finish went through the water, was interesting,

and i cant wait to catch her yawning, that would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back