Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungleland

Reaction score
The last 12 hours there's 3 ADs(all different) on chondro hatchies Reptile down under.

So the competition starts:) there's more choices where punters can spend there money;)

Quality, Pricing and after hour service will pay a big role on sales I reckon, what do you

Guys think??

Joel

at the end of the day i think even the quality breeders will be dropping there price eventually, i think most people will wait now seeing that the price is dropping

i dont think there will be as many sales this season

i wouldnt go with quality or pricing right now, wait till they drop a bit more imo coz they will

there is quite a few ads on there for em....

3000 - 4000 appear to be the price for this seasons..... wouldnt be surprised to see a clutch for 2500.

yep the price is droping, but i think if it will drop more later in season. I say march and april is when the price war will start!

I'm sure by next year you'll be able to get some with pocket change... :p

I think that pricing will always be the deciding factor in buying reptiles, for a lot of reasons. It'd be nice to think that quality and service would, but that will only apply to people who've purchased from the sellers in the past. You can promise the world of help, the best looking and healthiest anmals but at the end of the day no one really knows what they're getting until they've bought it when buying over the net.

I know personally if I was in the market for GTPs I'd only buy from one of the breeders listed because I've bought from him in the past and can say that not only do you always get what you've seen in the pics he sends, but the animals are in good condition and if there are ever any questions or problems he's always eager to help. That's not to say anything against the other breeders, I just don't know them and I'd rather buy something like that from someone I know that I can trust. Come to think of it there's only one other person not listed who I know to be breeding GTPs that I'd buy from.

So yeah, for me quality and service play a huge part. But for someone on a limited budget, or who doesn't know any of the breeders every dollar will count.

yea ive noticed em come down to! must of sucked for the people breeding them this year for the first time, probs would have bought a pair for 10 grand + and now they'll be getting basically nothing to what they got. i know one thing my uncles pretty angry! :D

yea ive noticed em come down to! must of sucked for the people breeding them this year for the first time, probs would have bought a pair for 10 grand + and now they'll be getting basically nothing to what they got. i know one thing my uncles pretty angry! :D

I dont agree one bit, even if they payed 10 grand plus each they would still make a very nice profit.

im sure they will make their money back

He'll still make the money back, it'll just take longer. That being said, even if he doesn't it was the risk he took in buying them to start with. Reptile pricing has never been static, least of all things like GTPs, albinos and RSPs. While people may not necessarily have predicted how quickly the prices would drop, and by how much, it was inevitable that they would fall to some degree once more people started breeding them.

i mean albino darwins are going for 6.6k this season at Sxr

I personally would choose a Chondro over an albino Darwin.

Even when Chondro's eventually drop to $1000ea, it's still great money for doing something you love.

Makes the GTPs in Irian Jaya at $10 each sound like a bargain
I had twenty living in my house there
Mixture of colours from lime green to vivid blue
Bought them one at a time off the hunters who sell them for food in the markets
Was no way I could any permit to bring them back here

Love of gtps

Shane Black..l agree with you 100% l have seen plenty of people on this forum critisize gtp's for many reasons ...but one thing really stands out ...no-one [ not one]with them [GTPS] critisizes them, for the great piece of nature they are ...mine are handled regularly they are magnificent to look at....l am of the firm opinion lts only the green-eyed tyre kickers that knock them and l do believe even a coastal in[excellent] condition is a good looker ....WR

could be worse.... i have shares in the stockmarket... angry doesnt come into it. least i know that there is a chance my investment wil bounce back, looks like once a price for hatchiesare set, it's done, locked in and will only get less and less. you just have to shrug and thing that that was risk you took. no one said it was going to be a gold mine.

I personally would choose a Chondro over an albino Darwin.

Even when Chondro's eventually drop to $1000ea, it's still great money for doing something you love.

I honestly cant believe albinos are more then chondros, if you think about it albinos are just very pretty Darwin carpets, their still just carpets meaning their easy to breed and they lay huge clutch sizes, I am not saying Darwin albinos arnt nice but they are easy o breed and a big albino will easily lay 20 plus a season.

could be worse.... i have shares in the stockmarket... angry doesnt come into it. least i know that there is a chance my investment wil bounce back, looks like once a price for hatchiesare set, it's done, locked in and will only get less and less. you just have to shrug and thing that that was risk you took. no one said it was going to be a gold mine.

I would have to disagree. A couple of adds doesn't set a price. Albino Olives were advertised at $7500 but they are still selling for double that. Its probably a bit like shares with the price dependant upon the keeness of the seller. In any market there are alwys desperate sellers which enable you to pick up a bargain from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back