Water python love bites

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewydead

Reaction score
Here some photo of my newish water python, just got her out to clean out her enclosure and found myself being tasted...

It kinda looks pointless that i have a snake hook in my hand hahahaha.

I still love the fuscus

Attachments

• IMG_3914.jpg
    IMG_3914.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3920.jpg
    IMG_3920.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 321
Very amusing! :lol: My male water has a reasonable temperament on him...but...I still don't trust him 100%. They are beautiful snakes, I guess you just have to take the good with the bad with them at times :D

My new 6ft female is a complete nut-job! (I'll thank Brad for that one!) :lol:

Nice work! gotta love water pythons,yours is so gorguz! not to bad of a bite,he was just showing you he loves.lol
cheers

Yeah moosenoose the good with the bad, hahaha
She hasn’t been aggressive to me, no striking just flicks her tongue the has a bite, I just think she is a bit of guts always thinking with her stomach.
I hope this doesn’t turn anyone off them.

I think she was just getting to no you a little better.....a love bite....

Haha, great pics Stew! Yeh, she was never a nervous or aggro snake, I think she just has a fondness for human flesh! How often are ya going to be feeding her? Had I the compunction, I think she would do well with a medium or large rat every 10 days or so. Might go a long way to get her to stop tasting you! Keep me posted mate! Azz.

i shouldnt have sent that pm and i curse myself, yeah she on a large rat every 7-10 days.

my blood went into her mouth as she was holding on and it really did look like she hated the taste and just let go, and started acting like nothing happened.

i got her out with it and she climb up and at that time i was going to put the hook down and grab her, but it didnt work out.

i got her out with it and she climb up and at that time i was going to put the hook down and grab her, but it didnt work out.
I hate when they climb up the hook only to give you a nice kiss on the hand. Nice bite mate.

:lol: Stewy. Look like she had a nice grip on you. How did you get her off, and not trying to latch on again? Or did she let go on her own accord. She is a pretty snake. I almost have my collection together - small but nice and the water python is one I still have on my shopping list.

Wow your blood is really red lol.I got a love bite but i wasnt from a snake it was from jordan lol reptilegirl_jordan,she bites.....hahah:D:D:lol::lol:

:lol: Stewy. Look like she had a nice grip on you. How did you get her off, and not trying to latch on again? Or did she let go on her own accord. She is a pretty snake. I almost have my collection together - small but nice and the water python is one I still have on my shopping list.

Heh heh, she tends to latch on once but she seldom bites a second time after she's let go. As Stewy mentioned below, she doesn't seem to like the taste of human blood, but she forgets by the next time you take her out!

i shouldnt have sent that pm and i curse myself, yeah she on a large rat every 7-10 days.

my blood went into her mouth as she was holding on and it really did look like she hated the taste and just let go, and started acting like nothing happened.

Lol, well, always seemed to be a feeding response. With any luck, once she gets used to feeding regularily again, she will lay off the chomping!

she let go, and i went into the shower to hose off the blood in her mouth and on her and she just wonder off, i knew she wouldnt latch on again.

i strongly recommend getting water pythons.

i've had coastals with more problems then just confusing me with food items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back