Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll still make the money back, it'll just take longer. That being said, even if he doesn't it was the risk he took in buying them to start with. Reptile pricing has never been static, least of all things like GTPs, albinos and RSPs. While people may not necessarily have predicted how quickly the prices would drop, and by how much, it was inevitable that they would fall to some degree once more people started breeding them.
i dont understand why someone would buy a snake thinking about how much money they will make back
yeah its nice getting something to put back into the hobby but its not a business (well maybe for some)
if i brought a pair of GTP for 10,000 i wouldnt care if they were worth 500 when i decided to breed ild just be happy i owned a pair

While I wouldn't do it for that reason myself Emzie, I know why other people do. I don't necessarily agree with it though. To each his own though, I just don't see much point in getting upset when taking such a big gamble.

I think the majority who bought Greens in recent times did so in the hope of making some decent money from them which is fine by me. Even with the price at $3000 or even $2000 they will make a good return.

aww man can't i just have both.....

Haha, i know what your saying. The Darwins are a beautiful snake as well, no doubt about it.

Going on about prices again, your average all green Chondro (Natives excluded) may well drop under the $1000 mark in the not too distant future, but there will alway's be exceptional lines worth big bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, i know what your saying. The Darwins are a beautiful snake as well, no doubt about it.

Going on about prices again, your average all green Chondro may well drop under the $1000 mark in the not too distant future, but there will alway's be exceptional lines worth big bucks.

personlly i dont like a stright green ones.. id like to get my hands on a mite phase GTP.

yea ive noticed em come down to! must of sucked for the people breeding them this year for the first time, probs would have bought a pair for 10 grand + and now they'll be getting basically nothing to what they got. i know one thing my uncles pretty angry! :D

Why is it all about money? Why can't people buy animals for the love and fascination of the species instead of being money grabbing and greedy??

I personally would choose a Chondro over an albino Darwin.

Even when Chondro's eventually drop to $1000ea, it's still great money for doing something you love.

I'd go the other way.
Rather a albino darwin - easier to look after and a lot more attractive as an adult.
Price for these will drop in a few years as well, but will hold a lot better then the Chondro IMO.:D

Their will always be breeders selling their higher end snakes cheaper than others,patience is the key,to get what your asking for.Most ppl would like get a GTP but with their price tag,alot of us cant.With the prices coming down like they are,its looking alot more promising to own one.If i had the $$$$ i would rather pay a bit more from a reputable breeder,than paying half price from a bloke in a pub....

I'd go the other way.
Rather a albino darwin - easier to look after and a lot more attractive as an adult.
Price for these will drop in a few years as well, but will hold a lot better then the Chondro IMO.:D

I wasnt saying i'd choose a Chondro over an albino Darwin carpet because of financial reasons. I'd choose a Chondro simply on their looks and personality.

There's not too many pythons out there that can beat a good looking native Chondro in my opinion.

I wasnt saying i'd choose a Chondro over an albino Darwin carpet because of financial reasons. I'd choose a Chondro simply on their looks and personality.

There's not too many pythons out there that can beat a good looking native Chondro in my opinion.

I'd read your initial post again, seems that the price was commented on.
Personality ..............lol
They bloody just sit there all day and night - Getting them to do anything else can be a challenge. This can become an issue when digesting their food.

Sorong gtp's

Here's a 2 year old female[pure sorong] [500 grams] that shed last night, the sorong gtp's are noticable by the blue dorsal diamonds down their back, black tale tip and are slightly smaller , they are very easy to keep [temps 26-31] and high humidity...WR ...ps double click on the pic to enlarge it...

Attachments

• P1000297.jpg
    P1000297.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 238
They bloody just sit there all day and night - Getting them to do anything else can be a challenge. This can become an issue when digesting their food.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing mungus.. personality??? of what a housebrick?
GTP's are beautiful animals but are considered by most that own them to be very boring animals.
In my opinion GTP's are vastly overated and vastly overpriced. :lol:

I can see how the initial post may have been interpreted that way, but i only included that quote so i could comment on the Darwins as well. I also commented on the price issue as that was what the thread was about.

I can also see why some people would find the personality thing puzzling. But in my experience they are a lot more active than most people realise. Maybe obese specimens wouldnt move too much, same as any snake. But as they say, "each to their own".

:lol: I was thinking the same thing mungus.. personality??? of what a housebrick?
GTP's are beautiful animals but are considered by most that own them to be very boring animals.

I'd have to agree with that too. They are about as active as a blue tongue on valium. They only might move around the cage a for a couple of hours at night, and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. Having said that I still wouldnt trade mine in as they have an air of perfection and dignity about them. And with the current prices I am going shopping for more :)

personality??? of what a housebrick?

Haha. I actually find all pythons boring. You'll also get no argument out of me regarding the overpriced bit. But their no more boring than any other python i've kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back