Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, Gtps are as boring as the albino darwins. My Darwins dont know any tricks that my GTPs dont, So if anyone out there has a performing Darwin give me a call because obviously like all the other GTP critics i only select my animals based on there behavioural qualities :rolleyes:. In all honesty i dont understand why people make it a competition between the two.

Haha. I actually find all pythons boring. You'll also get no argument out of me regarding the overpriced bit. But their no more boring than any other python i've kept.

:each to their own shane. :D:

I wasnt saying i'd choose a Chondro over an albino Darwin carpet because of financial reasons. I'd choose a Chondro simply on their looks and personality. .

looks and quote [boring] personality? ::p

personally I'd take an albino darwin over a GTP any day of the week for both looks and personality.

I was told at the start of the year that GTP's would be $3000 by this christmas but I didn't think anything of it at the time, obviously he wasn't far off the mark.
Snake prices are always going to go up and down to a degree, in my experience price seems to be controlled by availability, when I bought my first childrens python in 1986 they were only $80 each. But then there are some snakes that the prices seem to stay the same, I bought my first Olive Python in 88/89 for $400 and I have purchased another 2 Olives this year, still paying around $400 each.
I would happily pay $3000/$3500 for GTP's when and if I could afford it. I wouldn't pay big bucks for albino's , but then in my opinion albino's are over-rated.

:each to their own shane. :D:

looks and quote [boring] personality? ::p

personally I'd take an albino darwin over a GTP any day of the week for both looks and personality.

No probs. I was comparing their personality to a Darwins personality. Granted their both got boring personalitys, but i personally find the Chondros behaviour more interesting.

Anyway, that's it from me, i've lost interest in this thread.

I'd have to agree with that too. They are about as active as a blue tongue on valium. They only might move around the cage a for a couple of hours at night, and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. Having said that I still wouldnt trade mine in as they have an air of perfection and dignity about them. And with the current prices I am going shopping for more :)

There like diamonds (real diamonds not snakes) they have no purpose just pretty to look at and make all your friends jealous

All snakes are boring really.
GTP have that whole sweet, innocent & cute look about them though, which is making it hard for me to sell up and move onto new hobbies. I often want to but when I look at them it's like looking at my kids.

There like diamonds (real diamonds not snakes) they have no purpose just pretty to look at and make all your friends jealous

lol, I might just tell my wife that they are like diamonds and maybe she'll want lots of them ;)

I can also see why some people would find the personality thing puzzling. But in my experience they are a lot more active than most people realise. Maybe obese specimens wouldnt move too much, same as any snake. But as they say, "each to their own".

Maybe your just getting soft in your old age.... starting to enjoy being able to open an enclosure without something trying to kill you ;) talk about opposite ends of the spectrum!

I want one, but cant afford one.... *sigh*

I'm waiting until the prices drop to $250 :D

I can also see why some people would find the personality thing puzzling. But in my experience they are a lot more active than most people realise.

your right of course shane. a lot of nocturnal pythons are very active through the night when most people are asleep.
Being an insomniac lets me observe my pythons when they are most active and I usually feed mine at night as well..

GTP have that whole sweet, innocent & cute look about them though, which is making it hard for me to sell up and move onto new hobbies. I often want to but when I look at them it's like looking at my kids.

Boring! Snakes along with crocodiles and sharks are ultimate predators (lions, tigers etc are not all that great. They haven't been around for long enough). They are so different to anything else in this world in terms of obvious body structure, behaviour and metabolism. You may not be able to play with them as such but in my opions they are the most fasinating animal on this planet.

As for GTP, yeh it is all to do with looks. It is great the prices are dropping. One day I might have one.

I can see why some people regard snakes as boring, I have found if you feed a little less they tend to be more active. As for personality traits, i'm not so sure on that one, I tend to notice more behavioural traits between spieces more than anything else.
As for that pricing thing I would much rather pay big bucks for a Blue/Green Tree Python than an albino anything.

Here's a 2 year old female[pure sorong] [500 grams] that shed last night, the sorong gtp's are noticable by the blue dorsal diamonds down their back, black tale tip and are slightly smaller , they are very easy to keep [temps 26-31] and high humidity...WR ...ps double click on the pic to enlarge it...

That girl is DIVINE ... :) Thanks for sharing

Here's a 2 year old female[pure sorong] [500 grams] that shed last night, the sorong gtp's are noticable by the blue dorsal diamonds down their back, black tale tip and are slightly smaller , they are very easy to keep [temps 26-31] and high humidity...WR ...ps double click on the pic to enlarge it...

She's beautiful!

The only snakes you've kept are pythons, I'm guessing, and likely you haven't kept Waters :)

"There like diamonds (real diamonds not snakes) they have no purpose just pretty to look at and make all your friends jealous"

I thought this deserves a comment
This whole thing about just having a snake in a box is boring
[unless you are a breeder of course]
Mine are defintitely individuals with individual behavior patterns
They are handled very often and most people who handle them agree they are wonderfully relaxing to hold
Maybe they cant fetch a ball
But one of mine heads straight for bras [hunting warmth maybe]
Another just coils straight onto top of heads
Another goes for armpits unless they are wearing too much deoderant
Supposedly they are deaf
Then why does one head right for the speakers when Evanescence is played on CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back