Fundraising Ideas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
From Boxing Day to January 2, I'm going to be at Agnes Waters running beach programs to keep kids and teens out of trouble down there.

This year's group is very large, and we're struggling with money and fundraising ideas

What are ways we can fundraise? Any ideas/tips?

Thanks in advance!

You could probably run a 100 Club; Raffles - perhaps put together food hampers or toy hampers or whatever for Xmas and sell tickets. Run market stalls - you could get the kids involved with screen printing to make T-Shirts to sell, paint faces for $2 each, colour spray hair $2 each get to use up to 3 colours, make cookies, have a sausage sizzle in a mainstream area - surely you know someone who will lend you a gas Barbie for the day. Disco parties. Wow the ideas are endless, its just a matter of what you are able to do. I will think of more and keep on adding :D

A great way to make money is with those glow sticks. At Christmas Carol night, other night events, sell glow sticks. There is a website - Glo Sticks Productions - something like that, there is an Aussie site where you can buy glow sticks at whole sale prices so you can put the right price on them for selling.

Chocolate Run? Mmmm I'd eat them all myself .. lol ..

Car washes $5 a wash. Kids love it, and for a great cause you'll be surprised how many drivers will support it.

Is your group a registered non profit group? Bunnings in NSW allow these groups to fundraise with their BBQ out the front on a weekend, they supply the BBQ, you supply everything else. Maybe see if your local Bunnings does the same, however you may find they are booked out in advance.

We are, but when you're trying to get near $2500 chocolates don't put much of a dint in it :lol:

Check the Bunnings thing out then, even if its not your local Bunnings, a group I was involved in still does them and makes about $1000 for a day. :)

I think the best thing would be to find a willing company to donate some cool prizes then raffle them off. If you did the rounds of your local business i'm sure some of them would help out with such a good cause.

My footy club each year raises money for the salvos. What we do is dress up in our footy jumpers and boxer shorts and hire a bus to take us around to all of the pubs/clubs and anywhere that has large gatherings of people. Then we sing Christmas carols and send santa around to collect money.

It's the best night of the year cause we raise heaps of money and get really drunk :). Last year we raised $6500, not bad for 4 hours work.

This is what we look like...
n746983003_398363_8030.jpg

Hi Emily,

The Bunnings thing sounds like a good idea. If you want to get an idea of what a day at the local Bunnings brings in, try giving Kin Kora SS a call. They've done fundraising there recently. And remember there's also that space out the front o Coles/Kmart where they do the same thing. Maybe you could do the Coles on a Saturday and the Bunnings on a Sunday.

If you decide to go ahead with it, I'll pop along to help out if you need a hand.

Since you're probably wondering who the hell I am by now....I'm Niamh and Riley's mum (from ABC) :lol:

Thanks mysnakesau, you're an idea powerhouse!

We have a few, like raffling off who gets to pie someone, and "kidnapping the church" by putting up barracades and asking for a gold coin donation

just wanted to see what other ideas people have

We are, but when you're trying to get near $2500 chocolates don't put much of a dint in it :lol:

You would be suprised!!!

If you had 100 kids in your group, and each family sold one box, you would make atleast $2500!

My footy club each year raises money for the salvos. What we do is dress up in our footy jumpers and boxer shorts and hire a bus to take us around to all of the pubs/clubs and anywhere that has large gatherings of people. Then we sing Christmas carols and send santa around to collect money.

It's the best night of the year cause we raise heaps of money and get really drunk :). Last year we raised $6500, not bad for 4 hours work.

This is what we look like...
n746983003_398363_8030.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!!! What a fantastic idea!!!

Good on you guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back