Trangender/ freaks? Too young?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
I know this is a reptile forum but i hope this isn't lost on everyone here and the title was to grab attention so i apologize for that in advance. I don't normally share stories like this i find on the net but this one is rather different.

I'm not quite sure how but yesterday i stumbled on the story of three kids who suffer from gender identity disorder. Basically to sum it up they are two genetic boys aged 6 and 10 and one genetic girl, 14, who identify themselves as their opposite gender and their families allow them to live as that gender.

Here's the link for the written story http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=3088298&page=1

On the surface, the Jennings and their four children are a typical American family. But their youngest child, Jazz, is only in kindergarten, and already she is one of the youngest known cases of an early transition from male to female.

"We'll say things like, 'You're special. God made you special.' Because there aren't very many little girls out there that have a penis," said Renee. "Renee and I are in 100 percent agreement as to how we should raise Jazz," said Scott. "We don't encourage, we support. And we just keep listening to what she tells us."

It is quite long (4 pages) but the first page sums up most of the information, i'd encourage you to read the others or watch the TV series on youtube below if it interests you. I found it all incredibly intriguing, i'm still not quite sure what i think of it yet but one things for sure, if you watch the series you'll have your heart strings tugged on hardcore.

[video=youtube;Utpam0IGYac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utpam0IGYac[/video]

I think it's great to see parents supporting their child no matter what. Goodness knows the poor thing is in for life of discrimination and torment so it's fantastic that she has such a strong family behind her.

I think the mods might keep a close eye on this one when it gets going! :)

I was kinda hoping that other people who have an interest in childhood development or have/are experiencing something similar would gain some kind of insight. But it's APS so i shouldn't set my hopes up too high.

That's so funny. Not only Barbara Walters and 20/20 (worse than 60 Minutes if possible), but gold like this;
"You're special. God made you special.' Because there aren't very many little girls out there that have a penis," said Renee".

That pap would give Ray Martin hope. :lol:

Man that would be so hard.... for everyone.
And even harder if you didn't have a supportive family. :(

Try and judge the story on it's content not it's journalist hey.

Just judging it upon the link you provided. Lots of sappy music, Barbara Walters, and a very rare medical condition with half-baked experts giving an opinion?!
Sensationalist journalism at its best :D
I'm not taking a stab at you waruikazi, just the crap story.

Sorry but it needs to be said,

If the parents are facilitating this then any wonder the kid is confused.

If they were meant to be the opposite sex they would have been born that way, instead they were born the sex they are.

Sorry but any parent that supports this kind of crap is being irresponsible.

i dont see anything worng with it,as long as there happy and healthy that all that matters.
im a girl that mostly dresses like a dude and my family are very supportive.

Sorry but it needs to be said,

If the parents are facilitating this then any wonder the kid is confused.

If they were meant to be the opposite sex they would have been born that way, instead they were born the sex they are.

Sorry but any parent that supports this kind of crap is being irresponsible.

There's actually quite a lot of research and evidence about transgender and gender non-conformity that points to it being a real phenomenon and not just a bunch of confused people. I would go out on a limb and say that some of you acquaintances are transgender and you would never know it.

It's quite obvious that the children (or adults in any case) do not want to be the way they are. The best example i've been given to make a comparison that a 'normal person can understand is imagine you went to hospital and against your will had a full sex change and told to live and conform to what society expects of that gender. I don't recon you could do it, i know i couldn't.

Future cross-dressers LOL I'd be ashamed of my child being a chick if it was a dude

Thank god they aren't either of your kids:lol:. They are gonna need all the support they can get they will have an extremely tough life.

They need some therapy to set them streight, sorry i come from old school thinking.

They need some therapy to set them streight, sorry i come from old school thinking.

I dare say they would be getting a whole lot of therapy and i totally agree that they need alot, but maybe it's like minded people that need therapy to be set straight?

You know there have been several studies done that show homophobic (transgender isn't always connected with being gay but i'll make this point anyway and i'm not having a crack at you horsesrule) attitudes are held by people who are not wholly comfortable with there sexuality.

...commonly known as ignorance.

Haha lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back