What happens when I breed an Albino Bluetongue with a black bluetongue?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The babies would be het for both albinism and hypermelanism. When you breed those double hets together you have a 1 in 16 chance of producing a hypermelanistic albino. In my opinion it would be yellow all over, as the hypermelanism gene appears (to me) to not only effect the production of black pigment, but also yellow pigment. The albino gene would stop any black from being produced but the yellow will still be produced in far greater amounts than usual. I believe that the hypermelanistic blueys are already producing far more yellow than usual, but we can't see it as it is covered up by all of the black pigment.

However, only time will tell. Until one is bred we can only guess and make assumptions.

the black is the dominate gene you will get 1/4 black homozygus 1/4 albino homozygus and 1/2 hetrozygus wich means you will get 3/4 black appearence due to dominance and 1/4 albino. only 1/2 will be hets remember this.

Sorry, but that is completely untrue.

sorry bredli have to disagree from i have learnt at uni from doing genetics. they will not all be hetrozygus they can not be. you will still have a quarter homzygus for both the dominent and the resesive genes of couse these figures are a average over many years

How does hypermelanism work? it looks codominant?

And dtulip, I suggest you study harder (you might want to start with learning how to spell 'homozygous' and 'heterozygous').

here is a question would you be able to get an animal that can not produce balck pigments but cannot produce white either and you get lusistic? (sorry bout spelling)

How does hypermelanism work? it looks codominant?

And dtulip, I suggest you study harder (you might want to start with learning how to spell 'homozygous' and 'heterozygous').

lol I thought the spelling was off. why can't you get double hets, from the vid's i have been watching of snakebytestv in america his stock of corns are het for that many different morphs he doesn't know what a clutch will bring

This is a programe I wanted to get into, crossing the salt and pepper bluey's to try and get full whites and full yellow's.

Do you think there'd be any chance of producing true black&whites or black&yellow or would the black just dominate too much?

Mr Bredli is correct in regards the genetic's.

The albino is a Homozygous for albino, the Hypermel is a Homozygous for Hypermel.
Both parents carry only the gene for that single genetic condition, only by breeding the two together will produce double hets as stated.

It will be interesting to see what they do look like in the future, I suspect that Snake ranch may be working on this project before most, but may be wrong.

Neil

We're probably a while off any breeding attempts of this kind yet, as there's barely any of breeding age, but it's an interesting concept. I wonder who's going to be the first to try it ;)

I'm suprised that the most interesting thread I've seen this week was started by someone so young. :D lol

It will be interesting to see what they do look like in the future, I suspect that Snake ranch may be working on this project before most, but may be wrong.

Neil

Now that rainbow__serpent has given them the idea, lol

I am fairly certain that when Snake Ranch first introduced them to the market the spiel on their website mentioned that they were looking forward to seeing what a pairing of Albino to Hyper would produce - as such I would suggest that we will likely have that answer from them in the next few seasons...

...of course it will be a few years after that that we will see what those oirignal double hets produce, that should prove most interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back