Centralian vs Diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond or Centralian?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_beardie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Which is a better first snake?
Centralian or Diamond?

personally the diamonds look alot better . but i havent kept either

diamonds are waaaay cooler and better looking but a bredli is a better first snake
lol.. Bredliare better then diamonds in looks.. Theyare cheaper normally and easier to care for..

yeah my friend has a centralian and he is gorgeousssssss

Diamonds are actuly just as good as bredli but most bredli are abit snappy as juvies where as most hatchie diamonds are very laid back and a pleasure to handle personally i would go with a diamond rather then the bredli

Bredli would be a better first snake, as they are more hardy than diamonds.

wat eva u recon, you probably just own a bredli and have never owned diamonds

Yep, I only keep bredli, and I plan on only keeping them, best snake you can get ;)

having both id say the diamond as i find them to be calmer and easier to handle. but i dont have any problems handling my bredlis either

i like the dark red and black looks of the bredli, have seen some ugly diamonds!

bredli can be a lil snappy when juvies but its not too bad, my boy has calmed down massivley

Where abouts do you live? If you live in the hotter parts i'd say your better off with a bredli unless you can keep the room the diamond will be in at cooler temps.

I'm biased towards saying the diamond, but in the end get whatever you will be happy with long as you can supply it with it's requirements.

I personally haven't kept either of them, but if I was going to choose one, I'd go a Bredli, they are on my to-get list where as Diamonds arent :) Just my personal preference tho.

is there a difference between centralian and bredli?

go a hypo bredli. then u know u will have one hot animal. and if u get it off the right person then ur garanteed a healthy happy snake.

Can't really say which is better, having never owned a Bredli, and those that I've come in contact with were absolute stunners, with awesome personalities and great colourations.

However I have owned a number of Diamonds, purchased at varying ages from hatchies (1 month old), to 9 month olds, to Yearlings, to 2 year olds etc.

The hatchies I've purchased were great, good strong eaters, active, never aggressive.

1 out of 2 9 month olds the same - still have him and he is without a doubt the best natured snake I have come into contact with, the other developed a bit of stress during feeding around the 1 year mark, but has since come good with a change in feeding routine.

3 yearlings - all from a Captive Mother and Wild Caught father - breeder got through foster care - 2 nice, even tempered, 1 snapped twice after not being handled for a week.

Both 2 year olds are as placid as they come, and you really couldn't ask for a better snake. I guess as with any breed you have good and bad ones (and by bad ones I don't necessarily mean the snake as I believe they are all good, they only react to poor handling practises and artificial environments etc.).

If you were to get a Diamond, I would recommend buying from a reputable breeder, a snake which has been well looked after, is an established feeder, is shedding well, and would recommend examing a fecal sample for worms. Check the skin for mites, check the tail tip for shed retention, eye's for retained eyelids and mouth for excess saliva. Check for an irregular clicking sound or any kind of wheezing in breathing, and for active tongue movement. Temperament should also be considered although snappy juveniles can turn into even tempered adults. Hope this helps paint the Diamond side of the picture for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back