Setup for a Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcurko

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The time is approaching when i will Finally be aloud to go and purchase a new family member :). But my only dilemma that is of concern is the setting up for the bredli and what i am looking at size wise. I have been offered a juvi for $300 so then now i just need to get an enclosure and the rest hooked up. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions which would suit me?

If you do please comment.

Thanks Brenton

PS if you want to flame me don't waste your time

so i juvi could stay in a larger size click clack for a while,really cheap at the $2 shops.
Then i find after that making your own cage the best way to go!
try saving some money up first.
cheers

for a hatchi u can hav a click clack container but tht prob wont last u long u wud use a heat mat and thermostat for the heat, then u can move to a 2ft cage u use a heat lamp for tht..

I have my 10 month old bredli in a plastic tub from Big W (2 for $15) it's a bit higher than the normal containers. I have a heat mat under one end. I tried moving her into a bigger enclosure but for the week she was in there she never came out of her hide. As soon as I put her back in her tub she was out on her branch as usual. I figured she felt more secure in her small space. It's boring but practical.
So keep it in a small tub for now and that will give you time to set up something really nice.

We have just moved our 10 month Bredli (just over a metre) from a small (approx 30cm x 30cm x 60cm high) exo-terra glass enclosure with foam insulation into her adult enclosure which is about 60cm x 60cm x 1.2m high.

She has a heat mat at the base and plenty of climbing equipment as she spends most of her time on a branch. We only moved her on the weekend so we are keeping a close eye on her but she seems really happy so far. They are pretty forgiving snakes - as long as they have appropriate heat and something to climb, they seem to do pretty well!

Bump Should i consider an Olive over the Bredli considering there is a $50 difference?
olives are a cool snake but they also grow a lot bigger than a bredli so thus would need a larger enclosure when fully grown. but either could live in a tub type setup for their first year or so. :)

bredli are fantastic snakes, i put my first hatchy straight in a 4x1.5x2 foot tank with lots of hides and he was fine, the next 2 were in a click clack fro a month befoer i moved t hem to a 4.1.5x2 foot tank and they were fine too.

i'd say a juvie would be fine in a 4 foot tank,...

the reason i put the second 2 hatchies in a click clack was cos the breeder said they needed to be fed up a bit and that way their heat would never be far away.

i just moved my 3yr old bredli into a 5.5x4x2 foot tank

heres some pix. :)

Attachments

• LokisNewTank_1.jpg
    LokisNewTank_1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Loki_tank.jpg
    Loki_tank.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 73
bcurko, it really depends on the size of the snake as to which enclosure you buy. And are you willing to continue upgrading the enclosure? If not keep it in large tubs with heatcord/mat, and when it outgrows a good sized tub use the bigger enclosure.

There is a threrad somwhere of some plastic tubs being converted into glass fronted enclosures (i think orginally posted by solar17 then dickyknee), would work well for a while if your on a budget

Give dicky a call or pm, his enclosures are priced quite reasonable and does a top job, i'm sure he'd be able to give you a little advice on size.

Thanks for the post Ozzie something i will consider greatly but i am pretty sure the enclosure won't be a problem as long as i can determine the right sizes it shouldn't be much of a problem. As far as i can tell from the sites I've googled the are quite the climbers so it would be wise to have an enclosure with my depth then width?

That is something i considered with mine, and i have provided branches for them to climb on, young bredli seem to feel safe when up on a branch. they either hide if threatened but mine usually climb up and sit in attack mode.

For my big girl i chose to give her more floor space using a 1200x600x600. I have found the bigger they get the less they tend to climb. 600 high still gives them enough room to climb, but they do tend to spend more time on the ground.

You will get varied opinions on this, i built my enclosures based on how they behaved when it was time to move to a bigger enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back