vhs victoria expo pricing?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonff

Reaction score
hi all, just out of curiosity, for those who have gone to the previous vhs reptile expo's, what is the everage price for a hatchling or juvie bredli there???

thnx :)

-gonff-

do they sell lots of snakes there ? and are they cheaper than prices from others ?

What does everyone think about the quarantine procedures practiced at these expos? I've never been to one so I don't know. Strikes me as risky though.

Yes they have heaps of snakes for sale lol well they did at the last one. it is well worth attending.:)

What does everyone think about the quarantine procedures practiced at these expos? I've never been to one so I don't know. Strikes me as risky though.

what difference does it make, you should use the same quarantine procedures with reptiles bought from the expo as you do from another breeder. The people that go to the trouble of putting up the booths usually have a good reputation or are trying to earn a good reputation so their stock should be high standards, however all them people coming and going and handling makes you wonder.

I asked my mate if I could shower at his joint last year after the expo before retunring home. Definatley be careful.

Worth a look though

Definatley worth going to. I think afro had a part in the running of it this year, seen him at the sydney one, hopefully he stole some ideas and next year it's better. I woudln't buy, but I wouldn't miss it.

what difference does it make, you should use the same quarantine procedures with reptiles bought from the expo as you do from another breeder. The people that go to the trouble of putting up the booths usually have a good reputation or are trying to earn a good reputation so their stock should be high standards, however all them people coming and going and handling makes you wonder.

I know it shouldn't make a difference if you quarantine properly, BUT I'd rather not get a sick snake in the first place, especially when there's so much talk of OPMV and IBD and all that around at the moment. Besides, I'm not convinced that the standard suburban quarantine methods would protect your collection from one of those nasties.

I'm still going to be there, but probably not buying this year, at least til I can check out how they run things and if I think it's safe.

The people that go to the trouble of putting up the booths usually have a good reputation or are trying to earn a good reputation so their stock should be high standards, .

Also attracts some of the finest smugglers in the land:)

would i be better of waiting for the expo, or ordering one from like...SXR???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back