Rat dissection!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shane14

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Well i was excited today when I got to dissect my first rat! Well I have not got any pictures, but i got a video from my mate who was enjoying the decapitated head. Well any way as i was trying to get the brain i was thinking "Now i know what my snakes would be eating". My teacher cut of the testicles and was holding them which was funny. I could'nt stop laughing. Well any way as i was trying to get the brain i was thinking "Now i know what my snakes would be eating" Thats all i could think of! Well any way i was wondering if anybody else has done any dissections before? If so what on. And did it also stink for you when the intestine was pulled out?

Cheers Shane
I will try get the video tomorrow!

I dissected a cow eye and bet my friend $20 to eat the retina, he did. But I didn't pay. Because.. yeah it was funny.

I dissected a cow eye and bet my friend $20 to eat the retina, he did. But I didn't pay. Because.. yeah it was funny.
Haha awesome I did a bet with a mate that didn't pay up, i streaked on a cricket field for nothing. I would have done that bet too Rocky!

I did the rat dissection at school a few years back too.
I was the only one to split open the skull with a scalpel to look at the brain, seperated single seminal vesicles in the testes and dissected the eyes lol.
It is really interesting.

I've done a few dissections at school... my first was a cows eye 2 years back... that was very exciting I remember running around with it chasing all the girls until one ran out side and vomited... i thought it was hilarious until i got a weeks detention haha. Then i did a heart can't remember which animal it was from probably the most interesting one i've done! and I did the eye ball again this time i took it pretty seriously until my mate said i dare you to eat the lens and yea im that kid who does pretty much anything haha so i swallowed that from what my mate had in his wallet... which was like $2.80 and a old bus ticket... Haha and yea I came half way through our Rat dissection so i just watched someone do it, didn't pay a great deal of attention lol.

I've done a few dissections at school and uni, at school had a cow heart, sheeps eye, a whole sheep, a chicken.... at uni had a cockroach (sooooo fiddly and stupid), cane toad, a rabbit, another chicken, a goat and the lower leg of a horse...... wow, havent realised how many dead animals i've hacked up, and all in the name of science! lol.

yer ive done quiet a few disections and post mortoms - possums- brushtails and rings, dogs, cats, pigs, lizards- blueys and eastern water dragons, gecko, snakes, birds, pigs, and a green turtle - plus others i have probable forgotten. the worst smelling was the turtle - results from that post mortum was it had suffered from a ruptured intestine and developed peritinitis, the smell was partly from that and the fact it had been on the beach for a day or two before it was PMed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back