Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baxtor

Reaction score
who else got a little nip for xmas.

Attachments

• bluebelly 003 (Large).jpg
    bluebelly 003 (Large).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 639
DAMN!!

Does your arm feel like it's on fire? Or is a the pain in your finger?

That'll make it one to remember. Ouch.

And thats why my wife won't let me keep vens :) Looks painfull

DAMN!!

Does your arm feel like it's on fire? Or is a the pain in your finger?

The pic was taken at about 48 hours, the finger was painful for about 24 hours with swelling only ever extending to the wrist. No other effect.

kinda looks similar to a red back bite I had years ago. Made me very very sick.

Do you have a pic of the offender?

they are a gorgeous looking snake IMO

and out of curiosity was tiger snake antivenom used?

Do you have a pic of the offender?

they are a gorgeous looking snake IMO

and out of curiosity was tiger snake antivenom used?

Offender is this juvenile. Was not his fault lifted the substrate to feed and he latched onto the first "pinkie" he saw.
Treatment was not sought considering the species and the size of the offender. I believe it is not common practice to administer antivenom for bluebelly and RBBS unless certain symptoms are evident.

Attachments

• bluebelly 001 (Large).jpg
    bluebelly 001 (Large).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 634
Mmm looks nasty, i deal with these guys all the time on the farm, glad i have never been bitten! Yet!.

Offender is this juvenile. Was not his fault lifted the substrate to feed and he latched onto the first "pinkie" he saw.
Treatment was not sought considering the species and the size of the offender. I believe it is not common practice to administer antivenom for bluebelly and RBBS unless certain symptoms are evident.

oh he is gorgeous, and baxtor its never their fault lol...

I read a debate (canot remember where) about the antivenom which is why i asked.
thanks for sharing

Blue bellies would just use the black snake antivenom wouldn't they?

I've always understood blue belly's to be quite a lot more dangerous in toxic terms then the red bellies, is this true? I've always known the red belly's to be a not so bad bite with the collet just a little worse, then the blue belly and then the mulga more or less. Mulga being a more dangerous bite then the blue belly only because of the yeild not the venom.

G'day mate,

Good work on not being shy about your bite, and explaining how it occured and what mistakes you made.

However the above advice is pretty risky - I know of at least one case where someone has been on deaths door from a P.guttatus bite that occured in an almost identical situation to yours. From memory, they originally ignored the bite for about half an hour and then went downhill very quickly...

With regards to not seeking treatment because it's only a Blue Belly - drop for drop they are on par with Kingies.

Wow thats nasty! Hows it looking now? Any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back