B+ for Pete - Donate blood and save a life

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motman440

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
One of my best mates pete died after being involved in a skateboarding accident late in september.
He is dearly missed by everyone that knew him.
Pete, Myself and few other friends were regular blood donors.
After his death, his family have encouraged everyone to give blood through a B positive for pete campaign.
I would like to encourage every one of our members to raise their hand to give blood.
Attached is an information sheet released by the family explaining there wishes.
Please consider giving blood if you dont already do so.
Thankyou for you time,
Tom.

Perhaps we could organise a APS blood donation group

TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT CALL 131495 or visit donateblood.com.au

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I used to give blood as regularly as i could. It really doesn't hurt that much and you feel totally fine afterward.

Righto your post has me inspired to go do it again. Now to go make an appointment.

Once you book in, could you please message back your appointment details.

I want to see at least 200 appointments before ill let this go

Done. 8.30 this Friday.

Pony up guys the number to ring is 13 14 95. Could be you who needs it one day.

I have booked in for january 7 at 9 am. Good luck, this is a really worthy cause and something that is easy for everyone.

i would love to help but they won't let me donate because of my tattoo's...

Good on you motman - and well done for your persistence - don't just let people get away with nice words of support - they need your blood!!! (I gave in October so I have a few more weeks before I am allowed to donate again!)

I hope you don't mind if I add to this request, but while you are donating, please add your name to the Bone Marrow Registry. Tell them before you donate, you just get an extra form to fill out and they take a few extra mLs of blood to test for your tissue type. You go on to an international registry to help people with leukaemia and other blood disorders.

The chances that you will be called on to donate are pretty slim (I have been on it for over 10 years and have never been called upon) but if you do get the opportunity, you can quite literally be responsible for saving a life. Please consider it!

Really worthy cause.

I would love to donate too, but I came out from England in 1982 - and I might have Mad Cows Disease (according to the blood bank) !!! So I am not allowed to... :(.

I might add... that I DO NOT have Mad Cows or anything else, apparently its just a precaution

Hey Jess,
I didn't realize it was that easy. I guess that will be another couple of mls from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back