relocation+course

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

batcho101

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm sorry if this has been asked a million times before but i am very interested in doing an elapid handling course in the brisbane and getting some more experience. The main reason is i would like to be able to do relocations in the local area as i hear way to many tales of people still shovelling snakes.
any positive help is appreciated

Could someone also give me a helping hand.... Im after a course which is done in NSW!! Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Daniel

Jonno from ERD on here does courses. Not sure if he is in Brissy, but is def in Qld.
NSW maybe -Peter- on here can help you out.

Neville Burns from Blue Mountains Reptile Awareness will be conducting a venomous snake handling/husbandry course in the near future in NSW.
For more information you can contact him at [email protected]

Should be a great introduction to venomous snakes!

Neville Burns from Blue Mountains Reptile Awareness will be conducting a venomous snake handling/husbandry course in the near future in NSW.
For more information you can contact him at [email protected]

Should be a great introduction to venomous snakes!

Spoke to Nev a few weeks back and he decided to go ahead with running some courses.He will however be very selective as to who he takes into the course.Cowboys etc need not apply.Also the course will not entitle you to go out and do rescues etc.

regardless of how many damage mitigation holders ..you still will always get the shovel solvers ...:evil::evil::evil:.......goodluck in your handling course...

Could someone also give me a helping hand.... Im after a course which is done in NSW!! Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Daniel

in nsw you have to be a part of an organisation like wires to do relocations.. they do many courses for reptiles

I'm doing a course here in QLD ,i'm doing it because my OH is not to fond of snakes & usally jumps 10m in the air lol he won't have to worry now , he doesn't shovel

I will be holding courses on how to deal with shovels in the near future.
Seriously though, if you want to learn about keeping elapids in NSW then Neville's course will be worthwhile. If you seriously want to do rescue and or removal then you should join a rescue group and put in the time and energy of being part of the organisation. That means generally doing rescues and rehab of whatever animal comes your way. Then you get the cream on top by doing the snake courses. Preference will always be given to those with ability and the runs on the board as regards involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back