Best place to buy in Victorian?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

English

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am not too keen on the whole import permit application and then having to drive to the airport to collect herps so i am looking for the best shop/breeders locally in Melbourne, Victoria?

Shops - reasonable prices and good stock
Breeders - Nice lines and reliability?

cheers...

sort of can wait... but would love a little bredli RIGHT NOW!

:p

There wont be too many Bredli available "right now"' Its a bit early in the season with only small numbers hatched and most still incubating.

lf your after a Carpet Python such as a Centralian Carpet, l would recommend one of melbourne top breeders, that l know breeds a few different phases of Carpet Python's.PM me and l will give you his phone number.

The only place i would reccomend in Melbourne is Victoria Reptiles. He is located in Hoppers Crossing just of Old Geelong Road.

Matt Stockdale is the owner and he breeds around 99% of the stuff he sells and i have never heard of anyone having a problem with him or getting a sick animal.

I have personally bought from him and the animals have been in superb health.

BE WARNED THERE ARE SOME TERRIBLE SELLERS IN MELBOURNE SO BE VERY CAREFULL. DUE TO FORUM RULES I AM NOT NAMEING ANYONE.

Horserules how are yours going? sorry for the hijack;)

After consultation from 3 vets (including a vet from melbourne zoo) the good news is it looks like it is not IBD or OPMV it appears its a treatable virus/infection which was brought in most likely from one or both of the sick purchased animals.

Animals are on injections and appear to be responding. Hoping they will make full recovery and no other animals have become ill so thats a good sign.

i wouldnt buy from certain petshops in melbourne. i and a few friends have had some bad experiences. pm me if u want the names of the shops. id ask around for a reputable breeder rather than a shop.

keep an eye on www.herptrader.com.au and just make sure they are in Melbourne. But the whole import export thing is really only a hassle the first time. If anyone wants to sell you a snake and they are interstate they just have to do that little bit extra for you to make it worth while.

In Melbourne the best place to go is Victorian Reptiles, not only for animals but enclosures, including custom made enclosures. Just had two awesome units finished before chirssy....best units I have had built and cannot recommend Matt high enough.

Great animals, ensures no mites at all times, they all eat well and the follow up service is the best around!

After consultation from 3 vets (including a vet from melbourne zoo) the good news is it looks like it is not IBD or OPMV it appears its a treatable virus/infection which was brought in most likely from one or both of the sick purchased animals.

Animals are on injections and appear to be responding. Hoping they will make full recovery and no other animals have become ill so thats a good sign.

That's great news to hear, well sort off ;) I'm glad you don't have to put them all down now :D
what a great Xmas present

again sorry for the hijack:rolleyes:

Lightning your on the money there.......99% my rrr's

Upmarket Aquarium is very good ask for Adam

Cheers,
Scott

ha ha the plug page
mate whoever you choose , there will always be someone saying that you should have choosen this guy.
be patient and you will have 10 different bredli breeders to choose from.

Apologise if this is against forum rules but I got mine from Pails for Scales in Ballarat.Cruisiest little guy you could ever find (MD Carpet, about 13 months old now)

I dont really want to say i told you so, but I kinda told you so. Makes your jumping to conclusions in this thread http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...ible-inclusion-body-diseae-ibd-outbreak-97992 seem pointless.

However, if you want good lines and healthy animals and are interested in the aspidites family, give Neil Sonneman a call or email. He has some beautiful looking animals.

wooa haha yea me too, if you find a place where they have more than one Bredli hatchling please let me know.
cheers
Jan

heyy i a looking also for Bredli hatchs, and some comments say pet shops are horrible, so i would love to know a good breeder, could you give me his phone number?
regards
Jan

i wouldnt buy from certain petshops in melbourne. i and a few friends have had some bad experiences. pm me if u want the names of the shops. id ask around for a reputable breeder rather than a shop.

Is the menton aquarium in the black list? :?

lf your after a Carpet Python such as a Centralian Carpet, l would recommend one of melbourne top breeders, that l know breeds a few different phases of Carpet Python's.PM me and l will give you his phone number.

heyy i a looking also for Bredli hatchs, and some comments say pet shops are horrible, so i would love to know a good breeder, could you give me his phone number?
regards.
Jan
:D
progress.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely nothing wrong with Vic breeders! I love all the inform comments! :?

Maybe you should message Sdaji, he loves those dear things (and breeds them) like they are his own children :lol: Bad breeders indeed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back