Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claire86

Reaction score
my husband and I are thinking bout getting a new snake but r stuck at choosong which kind.

we r looking at a jungle, bredli, olive or a bhp.

can anyone suggest what their oppinion would be?

Any of them. My first snake was a BHP, I am getting Bredli's as second and third snakes. Depends what you want.

Just make sure you research and search this site for as much information as you can so you can chose what suits your circumstances.

thanks hea[s for that tenacres. how much do olive pythons usually go for???

Depending on a few things,does size matter when older,the above species are some off my favourites,Bredli are usually placid,compared to jungles.Olives can get reasonably large,compared to BHP.If it was up to me i would go Bhp as they are stunning,best of luck with your decision.

The ball's in your court really . You'd probably do a good job of caring for any of them. It's might be a good idea to remind yourself of exactly how big Olives get though , they can be a very big snake.

in terms of size,going from a childrens to an olive is a rather big difference.....

id go for a bhp,purely cause its next on my list hehehe

ive got a few bredli and olives that arnt ordered, all will be feeding well before sale.
Both are lovely animals to own.

Id go the bredli :D

- not as big as a BHP or Olive
- 'usually' very placid compared to say a Jungle
- cheaper than the rest
- very attractive!

Go bredli, then the olive... thats what I did. Bredli, from my exp are hardy, generally quite placid and a damn good looking snake. My nephew loves my big girl, he would sit and cudddle her whe he was about 3 years old and she was fantastic with him (obviously I was watching his and her every move) I only have 1 olive, and she is a mole when she is hungry... which is pretty much all the time... she is extremely food focused. I only have 1 because of the space requirements... that's the only downfall with them for me. Like moreliamc said.. they are both great snakes.

I only have 1 olive, and she is a mole when she is hungry... which is pretty much all the time... she is extremely food focused. .

I second that. My Olive will try to eat anything that goes near it when hungry. I have found the smell of my dogs really interests her, so I have to wash really well before handling her to remove all scent of Kelpie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back