Enclosure Progress

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShAdY12

Reaction score
Today I started building a new enclosure to house my 2 coastal carpets. Glass is getting cut next week and this weekend il be shopping for the electrics. It is roughly 5 ft x 4 ft and about 60 cm deep, will post more pics as progress develops, oh and this is my first attempt at building

Attachments

• Photo0714.jpg
    Photo0714.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Photo0715.jpg
    Photo0715.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Photo0716.jpg
    Photo0716.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Photo0717.jpg
    Photo0717.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Photo0718.jpg
    Photo0718.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 74
not that hard to make, more time consuming, prob took me 10 hours so far, but is my first attempt.... looking better than i thought it would

10 hours.. lololol

looks good so far.

I had all my wood cut too size this time so should save some time.

was drinkin and stuff aswell hahaha and had to do some return trips to bunnings, so travel n stuff in that too

Looking good at this point run some white silicon around the inside to it seals the joins otherwise 3 months down the track it will start to bubble purely due to the humidity and of course the snakes deficating.

yeh i already sealed the joints but used a brown colored sealer by accident (thats what i get for not reading it first ha ha) but still looks alright

just had a look at your enclosure Justdriftnby and that looks frigin awesome!!! Makes mine look like a pile of crap LOL hopefully mine is a stepping stone on the way to making something of that quality

just had a look at your enclosure Justdriftnby and that looks frigin awesome!!! Makes mine look like a pile of crap LOL hopefully mine is a stepping stone on the way to making something of that quality

You will be surprised at how much you pick up on the way - I would never have considered my new enclosure ( http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps/some-enclosure-help-100388 ) if I hadnt built the top for a beardy tank and a fish tank stand first. Having access to decent power tools also helps.

LOoks good so far.

Big rule if you are building your enclosure outside and plan to move it inside once completed. Make sure it will fit through the doors\windows etc..

I have heard of people finished building the enclosure but then had to dismantle some parts so it can fit through the doors\windows.

Serious advice and consideration.

Enjoy completing the enclosure, the finished product is very rewarding.

photos were taken on camera phone and it twists them around sometimes, maybe if i wasnt so tight i would have a digital camera hahaha

I made sure the tank will fit out the door (as i am renting) but after it was together i realised i will have to rip out the fence to get it out hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back