What huge snakes inhabit Brisbane?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow-Serpent

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ive been at my Dads, ive come home and everyones telling me "Theres a HUGE snake hanging out in the neighbourhood!" , Im curious, I wanna know what type of snake it is, what huge snakes inhabit brisbane?

well if it's huge it would have to be a water or a olive other wise it's just large:lol:. thats just my thoughts.

WIll

P.S. I have a twisted sense of humour.

There will be heaps of carpets hanging out in your neighbourhood, they grow rather large, larger than water pythons infact.

People have probably just found a massive shed skin. they always make a snake look a 3rd bigger than it really is.

Yer, we use to have a 3 metre coastal living in our garden shed out at gayndah! he would shed about twice a year and the sheds made him look about a metre longer then what he is! By the way i always thought water pythons only grow to around 2.5 metre mark i didnt think they could get as big as coastals!

my mate lives in ipswich. But spends alot of time in brisy.
I'm told his snake is huge. And spends way to much time out of it's enclosure. Lol.

IMO its not that uncommon for them to get up to 3m although a "3m" snake is often only 2.something meters. Either way there are some big ones around as more ppl recognise them as harmless pythons hopefully we will see more big ones in the future.

Here is a little girl that was on our roof a few years ago.

Attachments

• brissy carpet.jpg
    brissy carpet.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 68
  • brissy carpet1.jpg
    brissy carpet1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 53
it is actually pretty rare to find a true 3+ mtre coastal these days, everyones heard the story of a so called snake stretching across the whole width of the road :lol:
snakes look a whole lot bigger up in a tree or in the roof until you actually get them down and next to a tape measure.lol
gota love the big ones though, anything over 8 foot in coastals can be considered big. good to hear some big ones are still around and not dead.

heres a pic of a true 3mtre coastal. when we found her we all guessed her length before we got her dwn for a measure and we all guessed bigger then she actually was.:)
310cm / 10ft 2inches.

Attachments

• Image000 (2).jpg
    Image000 (2).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 67
  • P8181960 (450 x 600).jpg
    P8181960 (450 x 600).jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 68
I have some pretty large carpets and yeah alot of people think a 20cm is huge or a 1 metre is massive when in fact there so tiny to us. its like someone come running and screaming from the bedroom because there's a huge spider in there but when you go to have alook the spinder is so small lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back