Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ77

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
I have an escaped 13 month old coastal , this is the second time he has escaped the first time was about 3 months ago, I forgot to close the lid on the tub , I found him in my Christmas tree box about 3 weeks ago and then last night I went to get him out and he was gone but this time his tub was lock he got out this really small gap I had not noticed before, anyway I was wondering if I could get some tips on try to find him quicker.

Look everywhere!!! Go for any darkplaces nearby!!! It could be in the smallest possible place you wouldn't even think to look. ie; Printer.. Look inside couches carefully... Everywhere.... Unfortunately you are going to have to turn your house upside down to find it...

Second bit of advice.... Get a new enclosure!!! and check on it every day!!!

Happy Hunting!!!

Don't know if I have any tips for finding him faster. I went to my bookshelf to get a book and found my diamond python sitting on a shelf. I did not even realise she had escaped. Yes it was me, I left the door slighly open. You think I would learn from this but I did not!. I found my inland carpet python in my daughter's laundry basket. 3 of my water dragons escaped from their outdoor enclosure with the assistance of a blue tongue ring leader. I found them all in the pool! Another water dragon I had inside after recovering from an operation escaped and I found her sitting in the lounge room a couple of days later. I also had an escaped gecko, I found this one under the couch. And twice I have had bird eating spiders roaming the house after their lids had not been put on properly - yes me again. So I have been lucky and I hope you will be too.

It will most likely be looking for a warm spot to hide in and generally will be close to where it escaped from in the first place, well thats where I found mine when she escaped (my fault) accidentally left door partly open.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find her soon

Most of the time they dont usually go far from their enclosure,depending whats around the cage,you can look in every spot,the best thing i found to do is turn of tele and lights,wait a hour or so then walk around with a torch,no luck try again in another hour.Leave a few food items in a couple corners,wait a while than go check,best of luck....

I didn't realise that my little spotted had gotten out for a couple of days and then the next day I found her sitting on stop of my parrot's cage.

I had new born rats in a cage in the laundry and she never went anywhere near them and that's what she was feeding on at the time.

I've heard that you can also put a thin layer of flour on the floor to see whether they are still around.

Hope you find him.

maybe scent the top of the enclosure with a rat or mouse a few times a day to keep the smell there, place a hide on top as well keep the enclosure warmer he may come out at night looking for food and heat.

good luck,

Our childrens python should have been named Houdini - he would escape regularly, the longest he was missing was 9 weeks - some of the places we found him were : curled up in the toe of a shoe, behind the bookshelf and curled up in the basket of bath toys in the bathroom (my mother-in-law was giving the boys a bath and nearly had a heart attack!). He was always within two rooms distance of where his tank was so I would suggest starting with that room before you go crazy tearing the house apart. Good luck!

Velcro would be better so you can get him out occasionally;):lol:
Glad you found him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back