Spellcheck on APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
get safari its faster then firefox and ie, and when ever u write something it comes up with that red squiggle underneath etc just like microsoft word when u spell something wrong :)
i dont use it on here tho atm... hence my spelling lol

Its not the people from the small islands that are the problem, the general malaise of spelling and grammar is truly frightening with some of the posts that I've seen on here lately..

Sounds like I'm an old fart I know but there you go :shock::lol: so indulge me and let me rant.

surely my point here is if you get the drift of what people are trying to say why worry about the smaller details ? people that worry about something as simple as spelling should worry about more important things . i suppose old people are just like that worrying what the people next door are doing ,dobing people into council hope your not like that.. :evil:

surely my point here is if you get the drift of what people are trying to say why worry about the smaller details ? people that worry about something as simple as spelling should worry about more important things . i suppose old people are just like that worrying what the people next door are doing ,dobing people into council hope your not like that.. :evil:

Agreed.
Thing with changing browsers (IE, Firefox, etc) when I have used them they seem to mess with my computer and like my spelling my computer skills are lacking when in trouble. I have tried to download the spellchecker from APS using IE but it doesn't work (for me anyway).

I'm not that much of an old fart :) At least I have an interest in snakes :) No I have always been a walking spelling bee, spot an error from 3 miles away. I do however find it difficult and sometimes don't get the gist of what some people want due to the grammatical and spelling errors.

So your secrets are safe with me, I won't dob anybody into their local councils :eek:

Thanks edgewing for that :lol: and i guess your into pythons so you cant be that bad !and it sounds like your young at heart so thats got to be good also :lol:

We used to have a spell check feature, however I have removed it as Firefox and Chrome both have this feature built in and maintaining it was a bit of a pain.

Internet Explorer has IESpell. When I post and when I click on the tick, my spelling gets checked. Those who make a comment about who cares about spelling as long it is "sorta" readable, I think it has a lot to do with a bit of pride in what you do. I have been on job interview panels when I worked and I can tell you that the applicants that made no effort
in taking a bit of time to make applications look presentable did not even get considered!
It really boils down to just laziness!! (and my comment has nothing to do with being an old fart!)

I am 48 and admit that I'm a hopeless speller. If I type a word that I'm not sure how to spell (or not sure of), I highlight it, hit Ctrl + x, paste it into a word prossessor, and check it there. I then move the corrected word back here. :)

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

That said, I do take pride in not resorting to 1337-sp34k, or text language and take care with my typing / spelling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back