Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal for what? Spotted pythons get an average of 1- 1.2m. Any of the Morelia complex will get much bigger than that (2.5 and onwards). Do you have an enclosure large enough?

What's wrong with a bredli? They're great snakes. So are MD's (inland carpet pythons).

Plastic snakes are Ideal , then you have heaps of time looking at it to deside what snake you want to keep :D

Ideal for what? Spotted pythons get an average of 1- 1.2m. Any of the Morelia complex will get much bigger than that (2.5 and onwards). Do you have an enclosure large enough?

What's wrong with a bredli? They're great snakes. So are MD's (inland carpet pythons).

Acctually theres plenty of morelia that generall max out much before 2.5m.

Ok... What about a nice BHP??? This picture was from the breeder of my girl... She is beautiful. I can supply you with a nice pic of a Bredli, but you aren't into them YET!!

Attachments

• MINE!!!.jpg
    MINE!!!.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 45
Ok... What about a nice BHP??? This picture was from the breeder of my girl... She is beautiful. I can supply you with a nice pic of a Bredli, but you aren't into them YET!!

Good Idea but they're going to get too big. If moneys not an issue go with a woma. Lols.

I was gonna get a spotted python, but I decided I wanted something a bit bigger. What would be ideal?

P.S Please don't say bredli or diamond.

MD all the way - my boy is so cruisy, always has been.Settles down in seconds when picked up, never bitten me - appears to enjoy exploring when i let him, great feeder.

Lol.. Womas are going to grow too!!

A nice B&G (Black & Gold) Jungle? Yeah, I know... It's a Morelia!
Olives?
Water Pythons?
Pygmy's wouldn't be big enough.
Stimons are a bit the same in size.
Scrubbies are too big for a younger person.

I wouldn't suggest a Ven to a younger person.

Womas still won't grow to the size of a bhp. And WA's are small adults, get those :p Nice and small, and a woma! Who'd have thunk it.

Coastal Carpet Python...............

10 year olds are too young for large snakes.

I agree 100%, but the 10 yr old in question, wants a bigger snake. I only allowed my 10 yr old a Bredli this year... She couldn't have anything else other than an Antaresia otherwise. However I am not this person's parent!! If a woma is smaller, then go for it. BHP's can have good natures. I am at a loss.

A brown tree snake is hardly a good idea for a ten year old with no previous experience.

I still say an MD.

I would stick with antaresia.. spotteds get 1-1.5metres... after that it would be a jungle and if you get into md/bredli etc they get 2-2.5metres and would he be able to handle it by himself ( when it gets big in 3-4years time)

If Snakebuster hasn't had a snake before, then I agree 100% Notechistiger!! I thought this was a second + snake for them. I suppose almost 200 posts doesn't mean they have a snake.

In that case, sorry kiddo- Moreli (Carpet, Jungle, Bredli, MD, Diamond, etc), Antaresia (Children's, Stimons, Spotted, Pygmy) or another more appropriate sized Python for your first snake. Maybe, and it a big maybe a Woma or BHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back