Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Got a phone call from my girlfriend on the way home and she said "i think one of your womas might be dead. Its lying with half its body upside down."

I said it was probably just sleeping as this one seems to have a bit of a habit now sleeping in really weird positions.

She took some pics and i must say i dont blame her for thinking it was dead....maybe she wanted to show off how colourful her stomach is or something....

anyway, no real point to this just funny/weird i guess.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
Can't remember who it was that posted this one, but it was on here recently....

Attachments

• PC261255.jpg
    PC261255.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 356
Womas are very strange - probably why they are my favourites ;)
I can see why she thought it was dead!

Can't remember who it was that posted this one, but it was on here recently....
that is hilarious - the head angle doesnt look too comfortable!

the first time i saw her doing it she had her head on its side and her neck was all twisted weird and my heart skipped a beat and i have never opened her door so fast and given her a quick poke to make sure she moved!

Geese, If I ever found any of my herps sleeping like that picture disasterpiece posted I think I would ruin a perfectly good pair of underwear:|
That is so peculiar.
Lol, thanks for posting guys:) Hopefully some will keep coming.

my woma and bhp are trying to do out each other in the playing dead trick.

PB072049.jpg

PB062034.jpg

PB072042.jpg

Last week I caught one of my yearling jungles asleep upside-down under the paper towel i use for substrate! I wonder if I was tossing and turning from too many nightmares!!! I doubt it though..

Ive had my jungle since a hatchie,she is now 8 months and today was the first time I have seen her like that.....Is this "normal"... why do snakes do that?

good thread,if i ever see it i wont be as freaked out at first now

Are the snakes thermo-regulating? thought maybe they are dispersing heat that way....

My Maculosa acts very strange around shedding time. Twists her head in all sorts of funny ways and makes many funny movements!! scared the life out of me the first time I noticed her doin it! I thought "this is it" hahahahah funny devils they are!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back